GM (Russian: Gusenichnaya Mashina, Гусеничная машина, lit. tracked machine) is a series of tracked vehicle chassis. Generally, the series is produced by Metrovagonmash (former Mytishchinskiy Mashinostroitelniy Zavod, MMZ), part of the Transmashholding since 2002. Some older series were developed and produced by Minsk Tractor Works (MTZ)
- Chassis weight - 24,000 kg
- Max load - 11,500 kg
- Wheelbase - 4,605 mm
- Ground clearance 450 mm
- Fuel distance - 500 km
- Working environment
- outside temperature -50°С — +50°С
- relative air humidity - 98% (t = +35 °С)
- overall dust level while driving < 2,5 g/m3
- Max velocity - 65 km/h
- Average ground unit pressure < 0,8 kg/cm2
- Engine type - Multifuel liquid-cooled diesel
- On-board powerplant - 522 kW (710 h.p.) — 618 kW (840 h.p.)
Other types of chassis
Designed and developed at Metrovagonmash (previously MMZ and OKB-40):
- GM-5975 is used for 9K22 Tunguska
- GM-5965 is used for Ranzhir-M
- GM-5955 is used for Tor-M1 (SA-15). The export version Tor-M2E (9A331MK) was designed on a different MZKT-6922 chassis designed by MZKT.
- GM-579 is used for the SAM command post vehicle 9C470
- GM-577 is used for transporter erector launcher (TEL) with loading capability 9A39 (SA-11/17))
- GM-577 is also used for TELAR 9A310
- GM-578 was used for the TEL 2P25 of the 2K12 Kub Missile System
- GM-568 was used for Self-propelled Reconnaissance and Homing Vehicle (SURN) 1S91 of the 2K12 Kub Missile System (SA-6).
- GM-539 was used in SA-6B
- GM-575 chassis was used for ZSU-23-4 Shilka.
Also MMZ produced GM-569, GM-567A, GM-562, GM-5959, GM-5951, GM-5952.
Designed and developed at Minsk Tractor Works (MTZ):
- GM-369 tracked chassis
- GM-355 was used for BM (translit. Battle Machines) series 9A330, including Target Detection Station (SOTS), Homing Station (SN), and the TEL of 9K330 Tor Missile System
- GM-352 was used for the BM 2C6 (2K22 Tunguska)
- GM-352M chassis was used for 2T Stalker IFV.
- GM-123 and GM-124 were used for the 2S3 Akatsiya self-propelled gun based on 152mm D-20 gun as well as for 2K11 Krug SAM system.
- GM-426 tracked chassis
- GM-830 and GM-835 were used for the S-300V SAM system, those chassis were developed by KB-3 of Leningrad Kirov Plant (currently, PO Spetsmash)
- Russian and PLA Point Defence System Vehicles, Carlo Kopp, 2008
- Ob'yekt series of experimental armoured vehicles, Mike Grif
- (Russian) pvo.guns.ru > Ranzhir-M
- (Russian) Military rockets and rocket systems
- (Russian) Short summary about the Missile Systems, tested at Emba Firing Range
- History of the Ural Industry Holding (Russian)
- SA-12 Gladiator/Giant С-300В (Russian)
Metrovagonmash official website
- General description of GM-569, Specifications of GM-569 (Russian)
- General description of GM-5955, Specifications of GM-5955 (Russian)
- General description of GM-5975, Specifications of GM-5975 (Russian)