GMR Institute of Technology
|This article needs additional or better citations for verification. (October 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Type||Education and engineering|
|Location||Srikakulam District, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Campus||Suburban, 117 acres (0.47 km2) of land|
GMR Institute of Technology (GMRIT) is an engineering college in India. It is in the Rajam, Srikakulam district of Andhra Pradesh. It is affiliated to Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada.
GMRIT was established in 1997 by the GMR Varalakshmi Foundation — the corporate social responsibility arm of the GMR Group.
Dr. C.L.V.R.S.V. Prasad is principal of GMRIT.
GMRIT offers a four-year Bachelors in Technology (B.Tech.) programme in eight disciplines. Students are admitted on the basis of merit in EAMCET.
Departments at GMRIT are:
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communications Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Power Engineering
GMRIT offers seven M.Tech. programmes in seven specialized areas of engineering. Students are admitted on the basis of merit scores of GATE/PGCET through common window of counseling for category 'A' seats for category 'B' seats.
M.Tech program/courses are offered with the following specializations:
- Transportation Engineering
- Computer science & Engineering
- Digital Electronics & Communication Systems
- VLSI Design — Second Shift
- Power and Industrial Drives
- Mechanical — CAD / CAM
- Environmental Engineering
- "College-wise Brief Statistics" (PDF). Retrieved 1 October 2015.