GM 8L90 transmission
|Body and chassis|
|Class||8-speed longitudinal automatic transmission|
The 8L90 is an eight-speed automatic transmission built by General Motors. It is designed for use in longitudinal applications either attached to the front-located engine with a standard bell housing or in the rear of the car adjacent to the differential (as in the Corvette). It is a hydraulic (hydramatic) design. GM also produces a similar design with the smaller 8L45.
|Model Years||Make and Model||Final Drive Ratio|
|2015–2017||Cadillac Escalade ||3.23|
|2015–present||Chevrolet Corvette (C7) Stingray ||2.41 (std)|
|2015-current||Chevrolet Corvette (C7) Z06 ||2.41|
|2015–present||Chevrolet Silverado/GMC Sierra||3.23 (std.)|
|3.42 (Max Trailering Package)|
|2015–2017||GMC Yukon Denali/Denali XL||3.23|
|2017–present||Chevrolet Colorado/GMC Canyon||3.42|
|2017-present||Chevrolet Express/GMC Savana (2.8L diesel engine only)|
- "New 8-Speed Enables Quicker, More Efficient Corvette". www.gm.com. General Motors. 20 August 2014. Archived from the original on 22 December 2014. Retrieved 21 August 2014.
- "2015 Cadillac Escalade Updated with 8L90 8-Speed Automatic and More Tech [Photo Gallery]". Retrieved 12 August 2014.
- "Chevrolet Confirms 2015 Corvette Stingray To Utilize 8L90 Eight-Speed Gearbox". Retrieved 9 April 2014.
- "Supercharged 2015 Chevy Corvette Z06 takes the C7 beyond the ZR1 [w/video]". Retrieved 25 January 2014.
- "GM confirms 2015 Silverado, Sierra to get 8-speed automatic". Retrieved 18 June 2014.
|This article about an automotive part or component is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|