GM Sunrayce USA
In July 1990, 32 teams of some of North America's brightest college students took to the road in solar-powered vehicles they had built during the previous year and a half. The GM Sunrayce USA route covered more than 1,800 miles, from Florida to Michigan. Three of the top finishers won a trip to Australia in November to compete in the 1990 World Solar Challenge.
- Day 1: Mon, July 9: Start in Orlando, Florida; finish in Floral City, FL.
- Day 2: Tue, July 10: Start in Floral Park, FL; finish in Tallahassee, FL.
- Day 3: Wed, July 11: Start in Tallahassee, FL; finish in Montgomery, Alabama.
- Day 4: Thu, July 12: Start in Montgomery, AL; finish in Haleyville, AL.
- Day 5: Fri, July 13: Start in Haleyville, AL; finish in Spring Hill, Tennessee.
- Day 6: Sat, July 14: Start in Spring Hill, TN; finish in Bowling Green, Kentucky.
- Day 7: Sun, July 15: Start in Bowling Green, KY; finish in Louisville, KY.
- Day 8: Sun, July 16: Start in Louisville, KY; finish in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Day 9: Mon, July 17: Start in Indianapolis, IN; finish in Greenville, Ohio.
- Day 10: Tue, July 18: Start in Greenville, OH; finish in Mason, Michigan.
- Day 11: Wed, July 19: Start in Mason, MI; finish in Warren, MI.
|1||University of Michigan||Sunrunner||72:50:47|
|2||Western Washington University||Viking XX||74:10:06|
|3||University of Maryland||Pride of Maryland||80:10:55|
|4||Cal State LA||Solar Eagle||81:03:44|
|5||Crowder College||Star II||81:06:18|
|8||Western Michigan - Jordan||Sunseeker||96:55:20|
|9||Colorado State University||Stelar V||97:55:06|
|10||Cal Poly - Pomona||Solar Flair||99:05:57|
|13||Stark State College||Solis Tyrannus Cognoscis||105:06:47|
|15||Auburn University||Sol of Auburn||107:24:35|
|16||Minnesota State University, Mankato||Northern Light||108:18:45|
|17||Iowa State University||PrISUm||109:08:29|
|18||University of North Texas||Centennial||110:48:04|
|19||Cal State - Northridge||CSUN - Blazer||110:49:57|
|20||Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology||Solar Phantom||111:07:44|
|21||Cal Poly - San Luis Obispo||Sun Luis||113:00:15|
|22||University of Texas||Texas Native Sun||113:15:25|
|23||Dartmouth College||Sunvox III||113:48:13|
|24||University of Waterloo||Midnight Sun||114:37:15|
|25||Florida Institute of Technology||Sunshine Special||116:39:41|
|26||University of Pennsylvania||Solstation||122:14:48|
|27||Virginia Tech||VT Solaray||130:27:08|
|29||University of Ottawa||Team Ralos||132:48:18|
|30||University of Puerto Rico||The Shining Star||135:44:30|
|31||Arizona State University||Sun Devil Cruiser||136:49:18|
|32||Villanova University||Wild Solarcat||137:04:11|
- Patterson, P. and Siegel, W., "The 1990 GM Sunrayce USA: A Summary," SAE Technical Paper 910621, 1991, doi:10.4271/910621.
- Rose-Hulman GM Sunrayce USA page