GM (Russian: Gusenichnaya Mashina, Гусеничная машина, lit. tracked machine) is a series of tracked vehicle chassis. Generally, the series is produced by Mytishchinskiy Mashinostroitelniy Zavod. Some older series were developed and produced by Minsk Tractor Works (MTZ)
- Chassis weight - 24,000 kg
- Max load - 11,500 kg
- Wheelbase - 4,605 mm
- Ground clearance 450 mm
- Fuel distance - 500 km
- Working environment
- outside temperature -50°С — +50°С
- relative air humidity - 98% (t = +35 °С)
- overall dust level while driving < 2,5 g/m3
- Max velocity - 65 km/h
- Average ground unit pressure < 0,8 kg/cm2
- Engine type - Multifuel liquid-cooled diesel
- On-board powerplant - 522 kW (710 h.p.) — 618 kW (840 h.p.)
Other types of chassis
Designed and developed at Metrovagonmash (previously MMZ and OKB-40):
- GM-5975 is used for 9K22 Tunguska
- GM-5965 is used for Ranzhir-M
- GM-5955 is used for Tor-M1 (SA-15). The export version Tor-M2E (9A331MK) was designed on a different MZKT-6922 chassis designed by MZKT.
- GM-579 is used for the SAM command post vehicle 9C470
- GM-577 is used for transporter erector launcher (TEL) with loading capability 9A39 (SA-11/17))
- GM-577 is also used for TELAR 9A310
- GM-578 was used for the TEL 2P25 of the 2K12 Kub Missile System
- GM-568 was used for Self-propelled Reconnaissance and Homing Vehicle (SURN) 1S91 of the 2K12 Kub Missile System (SA-6).
- GM-539 was used in SA-6B
- GM-575 chassis was used for ZSU-23-4 Shilka.
Also MMZ produced GM-569, GM-567A, GM-562, GM-5959, GM-5951, GM-5952.
Designed and developed at Minsk Tractor Works (MTZ):
- GM-369 tracked chassis
- GM-355 was used for BM (translit. Battle Machines) series 9A330, including Target Detection Station (SOTS), Homing Station (SN), and the TEL of 9K330 Tor Missile System
- GM-352 was used for the BM 2C6 (2K22 Tunguska)
- GM-352M chassis was used for 2T Stalker IFV.
- GM-123 and GM-124 were used for the 2S3 Akatsiya self-propelled gun based on 152mm D-20 gun as well as for 2K11 Krug SAM system.
- GM-426 tracked chassis
- GM-830 and GM-835 were used for the S-300V SAM system, those chassis were developed by KB-3 of Leningrad Kirov Plant (currently, PO Spetsmash)
- Russian and PLA Point Defence System Vehicles, Carlo Kopp, 2008
- Ob'yekt series of experimental armoured vehicles, Mike Grif
- (in Russian) pvo.guns.ru > Ranzhir-M
- (in Russian) Military rockets and rocket systems
- (in Russian) Short summary about the Missile Systems, tested at Emba Firing Range
- History of the Ural Industry Holding (in Russian)
- SA-12 Gladiator/Giant С-300В (in Russian)
Metrovagonmash official website
- General description of GM-569, Specifications of GM-569 (in Russian)
- General description of GM-5955, Specifications of GM-5955 (in Russian)
- General description of GM-5975, Specifications of GM-5975 (in Russian)