0.13.0 / May 22, 2017
|Written in||Guile Scheme, C++ (Nix core)|
GNU Guix (English pronunciation: /ɡiːks/) is a package manager for the GNU System. It is based on the Nix package manager with Guile Scheme APIs and specializes in providing exclusively free software.
The GNU Project announced on November 2012 the first release of GNU Guix, a functional package manager based on Nix that provides, among other things, Guile Scheme APIs. The project was started on June 2012 by Ludovic Courtès, one of the GNU Guile hackers. On August 20, 2015, it was announced that Guix had been ported to GNU Hurd, making it the first native package manager on the Hurd.
Guix System Distribution
- Ludovic Courtès (22 May 2017). "GNU Guix and GuixSD 0.13.0 released". Retrieved 23 May 2017.
- Ludovic Courtès (2013). "Functional Package Management with Guix". Madrid, Spain: European Lisp Symposium.
- Courtès, Ludovic (2012-11-23). "Introducing GNU Guix" (Mailing list). gnu-system-discuss.
- Stallman, Richard (2012-06-05). "A GNU Distribution" (Mailing list). gnu-system-discuss.
- Ragkousis, Manolis (August 20, 2015). "[GSoC update] Porting Guix to GNU/Hurd" (Mailing list). guix-devel. Retrieved August 20, 2015.
- "GNU Guix Package Manager Ported To GNU Hurd". Phoronix. August 20, 2015. Retrieved August 20, 2015.
- "What to call Guix?" (Mailing list). gnu-system-discuss. 2015-01-15.