|Country||United Kingdom, United States, Israel|
|Availability||Satellite worldwide, Cable and Terrestrial in some countries, Online.|
|Slogan||"The Revolution Has Begun!"|
|Headquarters||Jerusalem, Kansas City, Plymouth|
|Owner||Owned by several Angel Charities globally. Worldwide broadcast licence is held by Angel Christian Television Trust Inc|
|Christian Channel Europe, GOD Digital|
GOD TV is based in the UK, USA and Israel where its global transmission centre is located in Jerusalem. The network has an 'Angel International Campus' in Plymouth, England and regional offices are situated in Kansas City, Hamburg, Cape Town, Nairobi, Chennai, Colombo and Melbourne. GOD TV employs 200 people worldwide.
GOD TV broadcasts non-denominational programming in keeping with the UK Evangelical Alliance Basis of Faith. It's 24-hour schedule features Christian leaders of different backgrounds, ranging from traditional Anglican through to Pentecostal, Full Gospel and Messianic Jewish. GOD TV also produces its own programming some of which has won awards from the Christian Broadcasting Council of the UK.
GOD TV has one worldwide God Channel schedule with five regional feeds: the USA; UK & Europe; Africa; Asia and Australasia. Some of the regions carry local programming.
GOD TV is building a Revival Prayer Centre in Plymouth, England which is set to be open to the public in 2015. This will enable GOD TV to host large-scale Christian events similar to its Revival Prayer Centre Consecration event and Summer Celebration held at the Plymouth Pavilions. The network regularly takes viewers on tours of Israel, where it has staged many Live events.
Rory Alec was the network’s CEO for 20 years, up until his resignation in 2014. Formerly Head of Television and Chief Creative Director, Wendy Alec is now the network’s President and CEO.
GOD TV was co-founded by Rory Alec and Wendy Alec in England in 1995 as the Christian Channel Europe, the Continent's first daily Christian television network. It started broadcasting on 1 October, initially with two hours each day. This increased to seven hours in 1997 and 24-hours in 1999. The God logo appeared in 1997 and the Christian Channel was rebranded as the God Channel. The God Channel became part of the Dream Family Network, later known as God Digital and then GOD TV in 2002. The same year GOD TV's broadcast uplink was moved to Israel. This provided for international expansion via satellite and GOD TV was launched across Africa and Asia with new offices in Cape Town and Chennai.
In 2003 a GOD TV office was established in the USA, in 2004 a European office opened in Hamburg. Germany and in 2005 GOD TV launched across Australia and New Zealand. A second North American regional office was opened in Orlando, FL.[clarification needed] GOD TV launched on DIRECTV, America’s largest satellite platform in 2006 and opened new offices in Colombo and Kansas City in 2008. GOD TV also expanded into China during 2008. Further offices were opened in Nairobi and Melbourne in 2009.
GOD TV announced on 2 October 2014 that Rory Alec had stepped aside due to "moral failure." Charisma Magazine broke the news in the media with the headline: "Citing Moral Failure, GOD TV Co-Founder Rory Alec Resigns".
GOD TV carries programming from diverse Christian leaders, various countries and ministry sectors. A list of regular series can be found below.
Featured speakers range from American Bible teachers, Joyce Meyer, Creflo Dollar, Andrew Wommack, Kenneth Copeland and John Hagee to British church leaders, Canon Andrew White, Nicky Gumbel, Mike Pilavachi, J John, David Pawson, Terry Virgo and Paul Scanlon. International ministry leaders include South African evangelist, Angus Buchan; Australian pastors, Brian Houston, Phil Pringle, Russell Evans and Ashley Evans; German evangelist, Reinhard Bonnke; and prominent Asian Bible teachers, Joseph Prince from Singapore and Sam Chelladurai from India.
Ministry streams are made up of evangelists, Benny Hinn, Nathan Morris and Todd Bentley and revivalists John & Carol Arnott, Bill Johnson, Che Ahn, John Kilpatrick and Matt Sorger. Leading prophetic voices featured are Rick Joyner, Cindy Jacobs, Patricia King and Kim Clement. The 'End Time Prayer Movement' is a key focus with conferences from the International House of Prayer in Kansas City with Mike Bickle; TheCall with Lou Engle; and TheCRY with Faytene Grasseschi.
Bible Prophecy speakers include Chuck Missler, Paul McGuire Joel Rosenburg and Jack Van Impe. Ken Ham of Answers in Genesis is a regular apologetics authority. Rabbi Jonathan Bernis, Sid Roth and the International Christian Embassy provide a Messianic Jewish perspective.
Popular worship leaders featured on GOD TV are Matt Redman, Tim Hughes and Martin Smith from the UK; The PlanetShakers Band; Hillsong Music and Darlene Zschech from Australia; and Misty Edwards, Jason Upton, Phil Wickham, Brenton Brown and Israel Houghton from the USA.
Much of GOD TV's programming caters towards a youth audience. The network aims to air 'relevant youth programming' that comprises series and events from Acquire the Fire with Ron Luce and Teen Mania; Soul Survivor with Mike Pilavachi and Andy Croft; !Audacious with Glyn Barrett; RockNations with Steve Gambill and; The Ramp with Karen Wheaton. Youth events often feature top bands such as Leeland; Switchfoot; Rend Collective Experiment; Jars of Clay; Guvna B and New World Son.
GOD TV’s programming sometimes supports causes such as taking a stand against Human Trafficking and focusing on the plight of refugees. Refugee #LoveYourNeighbour Season recently aired on GOD TV, challenging the Church to do more to help displaced people. Themed weekends have included The Persecuted Church season.
Wendy Alec is the executive producer of GOD TV's originally produced programming which includes In Depth interview series and documentaries. GOD TV often features live broadcasts, including worldwide satellite link-ups such as the Global Day of Prayer with Graham Power where GOD TV broadcast from South America for the first time in 2009.
Regular Series on GOD TV
- Always Good News – Billy Graham
- Behind The Screens – Wendy Alec and the GOD TV Team
- Believer's Voice of Victory – Kenneth Copeland
- Changing your World – Creflo Dollar
- Enjoying Everyday Life – Joyce Meyer
- Everlasting Love – Patricia King
- Family Time – Angus Buchan
- God Knows TV – Cindy Jacobs
- Gospel Truth – Andrew Wommack
- Hillsong TV – Brian Houston
- Hour of Salvation – David Ibiyeomie
- ICF Television – Leo Bigger – ICF Zurich
- In Touch – Charles Stanley
- It's Supernatural – Sid Roth
- Jack Van Impe Presents
- Jesse – Jesse Duplantis
- Jewish Voice – Jonathan Bernis
- John Hagee Today
- New Creation Church – Joseph Prince
- Passion For Jesus – Mike Bickle
- Power 4 Today – Ryan LeStrange
- Time for Change – Apostle Guillermo Maldonado
- This is Your Day – Benny Hinn
- The Messenger - John & Lisa Bevere
- The Living Stone Church – RE Holder
- The John Ankerberg Show - John Ankerberg
- Transformation Now – Ed Silvoso
- Roots & Reflections – Barry Segal
- Rhema Praise – Kenneth W Hagin
- Winning With Wisdom – Nasir Siddiki
- Word from Jerusalem - International Christian Embassy Jerusalem
Other Christian leaders that have been featured are TD Jakes, Jentezen Franklin, Bill Winston, Robert Morris, Roberts Liardon, Christine Caine, Heidi Baker, Lance Wallnau, Randy Clark, Mahesh & Bonnie Chavda, Matthew Ashimolowo, Steve Munsey, John Smithwick, Kris Vallotton, Mark Chironna, Asher Intrater, Daniel Kolenda, Steven Furtick, Ed Young, Ann Graham Lotz, Greg Laurie, Charlotte Scanlon Gambill amongst others.
Some of GOD TV's speakers are considered controversial. Others have been criticised for teaching a "Gospel of Prosperity" and their finances have been scrutinized by US and UK government agencies. For example, Benny Hinn and Joseph Prince.
GOD TV in the USA
GOD TV launched in the USA in 2006 on DirecTV, America's largest satellite platform, and can be found on channel 365. Glorystar Christian Satellite also includes GOD TV in its channel bouquet (channel 102), and it is also distributed on Galaxy 19 (97W) in the USA, Canada, Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean. Additionally, the network can also be seen in certain US cities via cable.
GOD TV launched in Orlando, Florida in 2012, when it became available on channel 55.2 via digital terrestrial transmission. As part of the Orlando launch, the Bay Revival on Tour was broadcast from Calvary Assembly of God in Winter Park with John Kilpatrick, Nathan Morris and Lydia Marrow. The network maintains an office in Orlando, as well as Kansas City, Missouri.
GOD TV in Europe (Including UK & Nordic nations)
The Angel Foundation is GOD TV's registered charity in the UK and is regulated by the Charity Commission for England and Wales. Based at Angel House in Sunderland, England, the Angel Foundation states that it is committed to "the advancement of the Christian religion and education, and the relief of poverty, distress and sickness." As of 2010[update] GOD TV was "potentially available to up to 14 million homes in the UK".
GOD TV's programming has won awards from the UK Christian Broadcasting Council, including Best Live Event Programme in 2011 for Angus Buchan's Mighty Men Event and Best Youth Programme for Soul Survivor Extra.
Some European networks carry GOD TV in their satellite and cable television packages in Belgium, France, Germany, Ireland, Malta, the Netherlands and Scandinavia. The channel is also available through P2PTV service Zattoo. GOD TV has a European Regional Office in Hamburg, Germany.
In December 2013, GOD TV held a 'Winter Celebration' event in Norway with Andrew Wommack, Nathan Morris and Roy Fields. Following this Rory and Wendy Alec announced they would build a 'Revival Prayer Centre' in Plymouth. According to The Herald (Plymouth) GOD TV signed a 25-year lease in 2013 for the Boulevard building in Union Street, Plymouth, a disused former cinema and nightclub. The Revival Prayer Centre was consecrated in January 2014 by Benny Hinn.
GOD TV in Africa
GOD TV became available via satellite throughout in Africa in 2002 It is available in Southern Africa via the public bouquet of DSTV and can be watched on the TOP TV satellite platform in South Africa. In December 2011, an agreement was concluded for the terrestrial transmission of GOD TV in Kenya on Kiss TV. The network has an African office in Cape Town, and an East African office in Nairobi, Kenya.
GOD TV in the Middle East
GOD TV has broadcast from Israel since 2001.
The network hosts tours to Israel which include visiting Bible sites and staging events that are broadcast worldwide. The largest tour to date was in 2008 with 1,800 tour goers who attended 'A Celebration of Israel's 60th Anniversary'. Held at the Davidson Center alongside the Western Wall in the Old City, this was attended by both Jewish and Christian guests.
In 2009 GOD TV partnered with the Jewish National Fund (JNF) US$500,000 to plant trees on land said to be inhabited by Bedouin tribes in Israel's Negev region. A coalition of Jewish and Arab human rights groups denounced the project, accusing GOD TV and the JNF of teaming up to force the Bedouin out of the area to make way for Jewish communities.
GOD TV has broadcast a 'Middle East Special' focusing on the work of Canon Andrew White, who is known as "the Vicar of Baghdad." The author of the book 'Faith Under Fire' he leads St George's Church in Iraq which GOD TV supports monthly helping it to provide food for beleaguered Christians and Muslims in this war-torn city.
GOD TV in Asia
GOD TV launched in Asia in 2002. The network can be viewed by cable in cities across India; Indian Television.com includes GOD TV in its list of "best-known spiritual channels." Local programming includes Indian evangelist Sam P. Chelladurai. GOD TV's Asia and the Middle East regional office is in Chennai, India.
GOD TV is also available in Sri Lanka where it has an office in Colombo. Three million viewers can watch GOD TV via cable in Pakistan and it is also on cable in the Mountain Kingdom of Nepal.
GOD TV in Australia
GOD TV launched in Australia and New Zealand in 2005 and can be watched on the Optus D2 satellite. GOD TV's office for this region is situated in Melbourne. GOD TV launched in the South Sea nation of Vanuatu in 2013.
Through its network of Angel charities, GOD TV supports humanitarian projects internationally. GOD TV assists children in South Africa through the Jesus Cares Feeding initiative, a project in Rustenburg headed by Cliff and Andre Scott. GOD TV also cares for HIV/AIDS orphans by supporting Kondanani Children's Village in Malawi, founded by Annie Chikhwaza. It supports an orphanage in Sri Lanka and the International Children's Mission in Kenya.
A major recipient of aid from GOD TV is The Foundation for Reconciliation and Relief in the Middle East and St George's Church in Baghdad, led by Andrew White, which was the beneficiary of funds given by GOD TV following its Middle East Special.
In the UK GOD TV supports Mercy Ministries, a charity supporting young women suffering from abuse.
A target of GOD TV's humanitarian work is to provide clean water in arid regions of Africa (Kenya and Tanzania) where it has drilled water wells. A community 'Life Center' has also been built in Tanzania in conjunction with Pat Boone.
- "Mission Statement". GOD TV.
- GOD TV Facts and Figures
- Telford, William. 'GOD TV investment paves way for Plymouth Union Street Development' - "The channel can reach 262 million homes worldwide, including 92.6 million in India.", The Herald (Plymouth), 19 February 2014.
- Linde, Steve. "Live from Jerusalem, it's GOD TV!" - "GOD TV's 'global transmission center' in Jerusalem beams up satellite feeds of 'a new breed of Christian broadcasting' to some 200 nations and territories 24 hours a day, claiming a potential viewership of up to half a billion people.", The Jerusalem Post, Jerusalem, 26 May 2007.
- Daly, Patrick. 'GOD TV buys former Land Registry property' - "GOD TV has purchased the former Land Registry property in Burrington Industrial Estate and plans to use it as a base for its European operation.", The Herald (Plymouth), 19 February 2014.
- Telford, William.'GOD TV buys former Land Registry property' - "Two hundred people work for GOD TV worldwide, but the core team will be in Plymouth.", The Herald (Plymouth), 30 April 2014.
- Daly, Patrick. 'GOD TV supporters given sneak peek at new Plymouth home' - "SUPPORTERS of GOD TV were given an exclusive sneak peek at their future religious conference venue this morning.", The Herald (Plymouth), 31 January 2014.
- Daly, Patrick. 'GOD TV conference brings 1,400 to Plymouth' - "An estimated 1,400 people from around seven countries registered to attend the Pavilions to be part of a two-day conference ending yesterday.", The Herald (Plymouth), 31 January 2014.
- Daly, Patrick. 'GOD TV Hosts 'Summer Celebration' in Plymouth' - "GOD TV is set to bring about 2,000 of its viewers to Plymouth in July for a large-scale 3-day event, that will include inspirational messages from two prominent UK Christian leaders and music provided by a well known American worship leader. The GOD TV 'Summer Celebration' will take place from 17-19 July 2014 with Anglican luminary, Canon Andrew White; Yorkshire evangelist, Nathan Morris and US singer/ songwriter, Lydia Stanley-Marrow. The event will be held at the Plymouth Pavilions, in close proximity to GOD TV's Revival Prayer Centre, which is currently being refurbished before it officially opens to the public in 2015.", The Herald (Plymouth), 31 May 2014.
- Jansezian, Nicole. "Hundreds of overseas Christians gather for 'Israel is forever' concert" - "Nearly 1,000 Christians gathered at the base of the Sea of Galilee on Monday to declare "Israel is forever" in a concert that kicked off a massive eight-day tour of the Holy Land with the Christian satellite channel, GOD TV.", The Jerusalem Post, Jerusalem, 27 August 2013.
- - 'Christians On TV - The Christian Channel Europe the first Christian cable TV channel in the UK is now being aired.' - "THE FIRST Christian cable TV channel in the UK, The Christian Channel Europe, is now on air. The channel is the first cable TV channel aimed squarely at European Christians. TCCE will be available from the Astra Satellite on the same channel as Sky Soap and Sky Sports 2 between 04:00 and 07:00 GMT daily from November." , Cross Rhythms, 1st December 1995.
- GOD TV' BROADCASTS FROM THE HOLY LAND' - "Christian TV programming is beaming from the Holy Land round-the-clock since the United Kingdom-based GOD TV network relocated its broadcast center to Jerusalem. The July move has broadened the network's reach to 80 percent of the world, with millions of homes in India now able to tune in to the GOD Channel via cable.", Charisma (magazine), 31 October 2002.
- [Europe's "GOD TV" Expands to the United States - "Europe’s Christian broadcaster GOD TV is scheduled to officially launch in the United States on DirectTV on 6 October 2005."], Christian Today, 29 September 2005.
- 'GOD TV debuts in China' - "GOD TV has been steadily making inroads into the Far East with daily broadcasts in Hong Kong. But now, in an unprecedented development, millions in China can access GOD TV's mix of Christian programming 24-hours-a- day. The expansion follows the launch of GOD TV's dedicated Greater China service on 16 October 2008, which is broadcast directly from Jerusalem via two new satellites, providing the entire Far East region with Christian programming.", Christian Today, 20 October 2008.
- - 'Benny Hinn to consecrate GOD TV Revival Prayer Centre' "Well-known Christian leader Benny Hinn is to visit Plymouth in January to consecrate GOD TV's new Revival Prayer Centre. The two-day event will take place on 29 and 30th January 2013.", Plymouth Herald, 7 January 2014.
- - 'GOD TV Buys Old Land Registry Complex for New Broadcast Hub' - "GOD TV purchased the three-building site from the Land Registry earlier this month and has already begun the huge task of dismantling hundreds of metal filing cabinets, once used to house records. A portion of each building has been cleared and temporary offices are being created to accommodate GOD TV's first staff members, who hope to move in during June.", Western Morning News, 3 May 2014.
- - "GOD TV Co-founder Rory Alec steps aside."
- LeClaire, Jennifer. - "Citing Moral Failure, GOD TV Co-Founder Rory Alec Resigns.", Charisma (magazine), 2 October 2014.
- '30 Emerging Voices' - "The Alecs... produce programs that are hip and sophisticated for younger viewers who can't stomach most other religious programming. Unless other broadcasters figure out a way to reconnect with younger viewers, it is likely that GOD TV's debut in the United States will send channel surfers in the Alecs' direction.", Charisma (magazine), Lake Mary, FL, 31 July 2005.
- 'GOD TV, Musicians Partner Against Human Trafficking', Dakota Voice, 29 January 2009.
- 'GOD TV takes a pro-active approach regarding concerns over the influx of refugees worldwide.', Faith Filled Family Magazine, 25 January 2016.
- 'GOD TV to broadcast Global Day of Prayer live', Christianity Today 25 May 2009.
- 'GOD TV Tops 20 Million Homes in the USA' - "Global Christian broadcaster expands its distribution base to several key cities."
- 'GOD TV: What would Jesus watch?'- "GOD TV, a global Christian broadcasting network, today announces that viewers throughout Central Florida can now watch the network on channel 55.2."
- Boone, Pat 'Living What We Believe', WorldNetDaily, 31 July 2010.
- 'Angel Foundation, the' Charities Direct.com
- [http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/business-diary-krugman-sticks-it-to-the-fed-2050081.html 'Where to hear the word of God', The Independent Business Diary, Thursday, 12 August 2010.
- 'Excellent directing from GOD TV. A very special production with excellent teaching from Angus.' CBC Media Awards, Best Live Event Programme, Angus Buchan's Mighty Men Event, Gold, The Christian Broadcasting Council of the UK, London
- 'A different way to produce a major youth event... exciting, vibrant and beyond the norm.' CBC Media Awards, Best Youth Programme, Soul Survivor Extra, Gold, The Christian Broadcasting Council of the UK, London
- "GOD TV, la télévision évangéliste, propose une programmation basée sur la foi et la lecture de la Bible. Leur objectif : inviter un milliard d'âmes à assister à des conférences, des débats, de l'enseignement religieux. Aider à mieux vivre sa foi, voilà l'objectif de GOD TV."
- 'CHRISTLICHES TV IN DEUTSCHLAND'
- 'TV studio could help galvanise revival', The Herald (Plymouth) 20 May 2013.
- 'Benny Hinn to consecrate GOD TV Revival Prayer Centre', The Herald (Plymouth) 7 January 2014.
- Carew, Douglas. 'Switch on to GOD TV - a heavenly new channel' - "South Africans now have satellite access to a TV station named after God, after GOD TV hit the country's television airwaves"., Cape Argus, Cape Town, 31 May 2002 .
- 'TOP TV'
- - "Yesterday saw the conclusion of an agreement between Kiss TV and the world's biggest christian broadcaster, GOD TV... We have come to an agreement with Kiss TV to broadcast only the best content from GOD TV. Kiss viewers will watch GOD TV between 5-9 am every morning."
- 'GOD TV to air Angus Buchan men's conference', Christianity Today 23 April 2009
- 'Christian Television World First for GOD TV' - "America's newest Christian network, GOD TV today announced that it will be screening world-renowned Evangelist, Reinhard Bonnke’s latest mass crusade – LIVE from West Africa to the USA and across the globe next week", 25 May 2007.
- 'GOD TV will air footage of its Christmas event, which was pre-recorded in Cape Town, South Africa. Some of South Africa’s finest musicians were shown during their on-stage performances. The Cape Philharmonic Orchestra, joined by those artists, performed jazz renditions of such holiday favorites as "Silent Night", "Jingle Bells", and "O Holy Night". - "Our Christmas concert in Cape Town blessed all who attended and will touch even more lives when it is broadcast globally on GOD TV. This is the first time we've done a Christmas production on a large scale and judging from the response from the audience, viewers are going to love it!"said Rory Alec, one of the founding fathers of GOD TV.
- 'Thousands Gather for GOD TV Israel Tour', Christianity Today 2 November 2007.
- 'Jesus Recruited: God-TV Helps Israel Oust Bedouin.' - "Half a million trees planted over the past 18 months on the ancestral lands of Bedouin tribes in Israel's Negev region were bought by a controversial Christian evangelical television channel that calls itself God-TV.", Palestine Chronicle, 28 December 2010.
- Pherwanieema, Sseema. 'Indiantelevision.com Special Report' "There are millions of viewers across the country seeking salvation via the tube. In an angst driven and time-pressed society, viewers are lapping up the best of what the spiritual channels have to offer. A few years ago, there were just a few of them… Now there are many more - there is Aastha, Sanskar, Sadhana, Jagran, GOD TV , Miraclenet and QTV, to name the better known ones.", 4 June 2005.
- 'GOD TV debuts in China' - "For the past four years, global Christian broadcaster GOD TV has been steadily making inroads into the Far East with daily broadcasts in Hong Kong. But now, in an unprecedented development, millions in China can access GOD TV's mix of Christian programming 24-hours-a-day."., Christianity Today 20 October 2008.
- "This video was made by us for GOD TV to showcase the effect GOD TV has had in the country of India. We have used a concept of a map in 3d, where the protagonist walks through the country as such and points to different locations explaining the reach and progress GOD TV has made in that area."
- 'Free Christian Satellite TV - Australia and NZ'
- - 'FREE CHRISTIAN SATELLITE TV - Australia and NZ'
- 'GOD TV Celebrates 10 Years in Africa' - "GOD TV also has a strong charitable outreach in other African nations. In South Africa it helps feed hundreds of school children daily through Jesus Cares Ministries and it supports Kondanani Children's Village in Malawi, a country of one million orphans. It has assisted with a hydro-electric water project in Zambia and the drilling of several wells to provide clean water to desperate villagers in arid areas of Kenya and Tanzania." Faith That Inspires Action - Posted by Rev. Robert A. Crutchfield.
- 'GOD TV Focuses on the Middle East' - "The GOD TV family will also be praying for the people of the Middle East and extending a hand of compassion by giving a portion of the funds raised through the broadcasts to the persecuted congregation of St Georges Church in Baghdad, Iraq. GOD TV regularly supports these Iraqi believers who are making a bold stand for Christ, and Rory Alec led a GOD TV team to Iraq in May to bring viewers an update on how they are making a difference in people's lives in this war-torn country." Christian Newswire, 7 June 2011
- 'GOD TV Brings Christian Values to Millions' - "I’ve been participating in a fabulous project mounted by GOD TV, the worldwide satellite Christian channel... They’ve launched a gigantic program called “Cape Town to Cairo,” a beautifully conceived plan to drill deep freshwater wells up and down the whole continent of Africa, where people by the millions are languishing without clean water." Pat Boone, Newsmax, Monday, 2 August 2010,