This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (May 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Availability||Satellite worldwide, Cable and Terrestrial in some countries, Online.|
|Headquarters||Jerusalem, Plymouth, Chennai, Orlando|
|Owner||Owned by several Angel Charities globally. Worldwide broadcast licence is held by Angel Christian Television Trust Inc|
|Christian Channel Europe, GOD Digital|
GOD TV is an international Protestant Christian media network that started in the UK and is now worldwide. The network has a strong presence in Israel and the US and its main offices are located in Plymouth, England  and Orlando, Florida. Regional offices are situated in India, Sri Lanka, South Africa, Kenya, Ghana and Australia.
The network broadcasts non-denominational programming in keeping with the UK Evangelical Alliance Basis of Faith. Its 24-hour, FTA schedule airs Christian leaders from diverse backgrounds - from Anglican to Pentecostal, Full Gospel and Messianic Judaism.
GOD TV's original productions have won awards from the Christian Broadcasting Council of the UK. Its schedule has five regional variations: USA; UK & Europe; Africa; Asia and Australasia each with local programming.
GOD TV broadcasts to some 200 nations and territories 24 hours a day, claiming a potential viewership of up to half a billion people. The Plymouth Herald says GOD TV can reach 262 million homes worldwide including 92.6 million homes in India.
- 1 History
- 2 Programming
- 3 GOD TV regions
- 4 GOD TV - USA
- 5 GOD TV - UK, Europe, Scandinavia and Nordic countries
- 6 GOD TV - Africa and East Africa
- 7 GOD TV - Israel
- 8 GOD TV - Asia and Middle East
- 9 GOD TV - Sri Lanka
- 10 GOD TV - Australasia
- 11 Charitable work
- 12 References
- 13 External links
GOD TV was founded by Rory and Wendy Alec in England in 1995 as the Christian Channel Europe, the Continent's first daily Christian television network. It started broadcasting on 1 October, two hours each day. This increased to seven hours in 1997 and 24-hours in 1999. The 'GOD' logo appeared in 1997 and the Christian Channel was rebranded as the GOD Channel. The GOD Channel became part of the Dream Family Network, later known as GOD Digital and then GOD TV in 2002. The same year GOD TV's broadcast uplink was moved to Israel. This provided for international expansion via satellite and GOD TV was launched across Africa and Asia with new offices in Cape Town and Chennai.
In 2003 a GOD TV office was established in the US in Orlando FL and in 2005 GOD TV launched across Australia and New Zealand. GOD TV launched on DIRECTV, America's largest satellite platform in 2006 and opened a new office in Colombo, Sri Lanka in 2008. GOD TV also expanded into China during 2008. Further offices were opened in Nairobi and Melbourne in 2009.
Rory Alec was the network's CEO from 1995 to 2014. GOD TV announced on 2 October 2014 that he had resigned due to "moral failure" and the couple divorced in 2015. Wendy Alec took over as President and CEO, a position she held for two years, before appointing Simpson.
In January 2018, GOD TV launched www.godtv.com as a new digital publishing arm of the organization.
GOD TV has a 24-hour schedule of international programming, often from a British perspective and includes live broadcasts of conferences, concerts, youth gatherings and other events.
Speakers range from US Bible teachers, Joyce Meyer, Creflo Dollar, Andrew Wommack, Kenneth Copeland and John Hagee to British church leaders, Canon Andrew White, Nicky Gumbel, Mike Pilavachi and J.John. Ministry leaders from Africa include South African evangelist, Angus Buchan and Nigerian pastor, David Ibiyeomie; Australian pastors, Brian Houston, Phil Pringle, Russell Evans and Ashley Evans; German evangelist, Reinhard Bonnke; and prominent Asian Bible teachers, Joseph Prince from Singapore and Sam Chelladurai from India.
Programming covers evangelism and revival: Nathan Morris (evangelist), John & Carol Arnott, Bill Johnson, Che Ahn, and Todd White. Prophetic voices include Rick Joyner, Cindy Jacobs, and Patricia King. The 'End Time Prayer Movement' is a key focus with conferences from the International House of Prayer in Kansas City with Mike Bickle; TheCall with Lou Engle; and TheCRY with Faytene Grasseschi.
Bible Prophecy speakers consist of Chuck Missler, Paul McGuire Joel Rosenburg and Jack Van Impe. Michael Brown and John Ankerberg are regular apologetics authorities. Jonathan Bernis, Sid Roth, Ron Cantor and Rabbi Schneider provide a Messianic Jewish perspective.
Worship leaders featured on GOD TV are Matt Redman, Tim Hughes and Martin Smith from the UK; The PlanetShakers Band; Hillsong Music and Darlene Zschech from Australia; and Misty Edwards, Jason Upton, Phil Wickham, Israel Houghton, Jesus Culture and Bethel Music from the USA.
Much of GOD TV's programming caters to a youth audience. The network aims to air 'relevant youth programming' that comprises series and events from Soul Survivor with Mike Pilavachi and Andy Croft; !Audacious with Glyn Barrett; RockNations with Steve Gambill and; The Ramp with Karen Wheaton. Youth events often feature top bands such as Leeland; Switchfoot; Rend Collective Experiment; Jars of Clay; Guvna B and New World Son.
GOD TV's original programming which includes In Depth interview series and documentaries. The network features live broadcasts, including worldwide satellite link-ups such as the Global Day of Prayer with Graham Power where GOD TV broadcast from South America for the first time in 2009.
Regular series on GOD TV
- Ask Me Anything and Word On Fire – Michael L. Brown
- Apocalypse And The End Times – Paul McGuire (radio host)
- Believer's Voice of Victory – Kenneth Copeland
- Believers Walk of Faith - Bill Winston
- CBN Christian World News - Christian Broadcasting Network
- Church With GOD TV – John Kilpatrick
- Cornerstone – John Hagee
- Creflo Dollar
- Daniel Kolenda
- Desiring All Nations - Nathan Morris (evangelist)
- Discovering The Jewish Jesus - Rabbi Schneider
- Enjoying Everyday Life – Joyce Meyer
- Everlasting Love – Patricia King
- Family Time – Angus Buchan
- GOD@Work – Rich Marshall
- GOD is For You – David Blunt
- God Knows TV – Cindy Jacobs
- Gospel Truth – Andrew Wommack
- Good News – Daniel Kolenda and Reinhard Bonnke
- Hillsong TV – Brian Houston
- Hour of Salvation – David Ibiyeomie
- In Touch – Charles Stanley
- It's Supernatural – Sid Roth
- James River TV
- Jerusalem Dateline – Christian Broadcasting Network
- Jewish Voice – Jonathan Bernis
- New Creation Church – Joseph Prince
- ORU Alive – Oral Roberts University
- Out Of Zion – Rob Cantor
- Oxford Bible Church – Derek Walker
- Passion For Jesus – Mike Bickle
- Questioning Christianity – Panel
- Roots & Reflections – Barry Segal
- 700 Club Interactive – Gordon Robertson and Terry Meeuwsen Christian Broadcasting Network
- Sex in the Digital Age – Craig Gross
- Today With Ward – Ward Simpson
- Time for Change – Apostle Guillermo Maldonado
- The Messenger - John & Lisa Bevere
- The Mum Show - Marina Magdalena
- The Living Stone Church – RE Holder
- The John Ankerberg Show - John Ankerberg
- Throne Room Prayer - Lila Terhune
- Walking by Faith - Duane Vander Klok
- World Impact - Billy Wilson (academic)
Other speakers include Michael Koulianos, Banning Liebscher, Lou Engle, Rick Joyner, Bill Johnson (pastor), Heidi Baker, Todd White, Ben Fitzgerald, Randy Clark, Mark Chironna, Lance Wallnau and Steven Furtick.
GOD TV regions
GOD TV has several specific regions, each with its own regional director and office overseeing local content, distribution and providing viewer services. The regions are: the USA; UK, Europe, Scandinavia and Nordic countries; Africa and East Africa; Asia and the Middle East; Israel; Sri Lanka and Australasia.
GOD TV - USA
GOD TV launched in the US in 2006 on DirecTV. It is also available in some US cities via cable. and on satellite via Galaxy 19 in the US, Canada, Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean.
GOD TV launched in Orlando, Florida in 2012 via WACX's second subchannel over-the-air; some GOD TV programming is also seen on the station's main schedule. As part of the Orlando launch, the Bay Revival on Tour was broadcast from Calvary Assembly of God in Winter Park with John Kilpatrick, Nathan Morris and Lydia Marrow. The network maintains an office in Orlando.
The Angel Foundation is GOD TV's registered charity in Europe and is regulated by the Charity Commission for England and Wales. Based in Plymouth the Angel Foundation states that it is committed to "the advancement of the Christian religion and education, and the relief of poverty, distress and sickness." As of 2010[update] GOD TV was "potentially available to up to 14 million homes in the UK".
Fergus Scarfe is GOD TV's Regional Director for the UK & Ireland, based in Plymouth
GOD TV's programming has won awards from the UK Christian Broadcasting Council, including Best Live Event Programme in 2011 for Angus Buchan's Mighty Men Event and Best Youth Programme for Soul Survivor Extra.
Some European networks carry GOD TV in their satellite and cable television packages in Belgium, France, Germany, Ireland, Malta, the Netherlands and Scandinavia. The channel is also available through P2PTV service Zattoo.
GOD TV - Africa and East Africa
Angel Television Africa was established in South Africa in 2002 and GOD TV launched across Africa on 31 May of the same year. Marcél Olivier is GOD TV's Regional Director for Africa and heads up the office in Cape Town. Erastus Maina oversees GOD TV's East Africa Region, with an office in Nairobi.
GOD TV's programming can be accessed across Africa via satellite. It can be watched via ViewSat covering 20 million homes across Sub-Saharan Africa on the IS20 Satellite. GOD TV can be found on channel 362 of StarSat in Southern Africa. In Kenya GOD TV is carried on Kiss TV.
GOD TV Africa local speakers include Matt Ludick of Emmanuel Church in Namibia (Kingdom Expansion) and Gary Kieswetter (Open Wells) and Kari Smith (Kingdom GPS) from South Africa. Marcél Olivier is a host on 'Prayer Time' each weekday.
GOD TV - Israel
GOD TV has had an established presence in Israel since 2001 and Ron Cantor is GOD TV's Regional Director for Israel.
The network hosts tours to Israel which include visiting Bible sites and staging events that are broadcast worldwide. The largest tour to date was in 2008 with 1,800 tour goers who attended 'A Celebration of Israel's 60th Anniversary'. Held at the Davidson Center alongside the Western Wall in the Old City, this was attended by both Jewish and Christian guests. GOD TV's Arise Zion Tour will take place in 2018 as part of Israel's 70th Anniversary celebrations.
In 2009 GOD TV partnered with the Jewish National Fund (JNF) US$500,000 to plant trees on land said to be inhabited by Bedouin tribes in Israel's Negev region. A coalition of Jewish and Arab human rights groups denounced the project, accusing GOD TV and the JNF of teaming up to force the Bedouin out of the area to make way for Jewish communities.
GOD TV's CEO Ward Simpson was in Israel in October 2017 at the invitation of the Israeli government, to address a Christian Media Summit in Jerusalem.
GOD TV - Asia and Middle East
Angel Christian Charitable Foundation India was founded in 2002 with an office in Chennai headed by Thomas Robinson.
GOD TV can be viewed by cable in cities across India; Indian Television.com includes GOD TV in its list of "best-known spiritual channels." Local programming includes Indian evangelist Sam P. Chelladurai.
Three million viewers can watch GOD TV via cable in Pakistan and it is also on cable in Nepal. GOD TV also broadcasts into Thailand.
GOD TV has broadcast a 'Middle East Special' helping to provide food for beleaguered Christians and Muslims in war-torn Iraq.
GOD TV - Sri Lanka
GTV Lanka Foundation is GOD TV's company in Colombo, with David Nicolle as regional director. Dialog Satellite Television, Sri Lanka Telecom and Apstar Satellite carry GOD TV in Sri Lanka. GOD TV has supported Sri Lankan victims of the Asian tsunami.
GOD TV - Australasia
Angel Christian Television Australia Limited was established in 2005 enabling GOD TV to be watched on the Optus D2 satellite. GOD TV's office for this region is in Melbourne and is managed by Wayne Knapman.
Local content in Australia includes series such as Victory Life Church - Margaret Court; PlanetShakers and Brian Houston @ Hillsong TV as well as conferences from Hillsong, Stairway Church, Arise NZ, Influencers and C3 Church.
Corrective Services Queensland has allowed Instal-Life to provide equipment enabling inmates across the state to access GOD TV in their cells. Prisons in Western Australia have also installed GOD TV and it is available in other rehabilitation centres and remote indigenous communities.
The Melbourne office also manages Hong Kong, Macau and Greater China. Macau Cable has been broadcasting the GOD TV signal into Macau since 1 October 2006. GOD TV launched its Greater China service on 16 October 2008 and has televised events from China. The Kingdom Culture Conference has aired on GOD TV from Hong Kong.
GOD TV launched in the South Sea nation of Vanuatu on the 27 April 2013. Espiritu Santo (Holy Spirit Island) has access to the GOD TV 24 via terrestrial free to air TV. The Prime Minister, Moana Carcasses Kalosil turned on the signal. GOD TV has been installed in prisons in Vanuatu.
GOD TV is also available on some cable networks in Papua New Guinea.
GOD TV supports humanitarian projects internationally. During its January 2017 Bless Israel campaign, funds were raised towards supporting underprivileged Messianic Jews and Christian Arabs and orphaned children in partnership with Scott Volk of Together For Israel.
In Malawi, it cares for HIV/AIDS orphans by supporting Kondanani Children's Village, founded by Annie Chikhwaza. and is involved in various charitable initiatives in Sri Lanka. In the UK it supports Mercy Ministries, a charity helping young women suffering from abuse.
GOD TV has raised funds to help Christians in Iraq at St George's Church in Baghdad, through a Middle East Special. A target of its humanitarian work has been to provide clean water in arid regions of Africa (Kenya and Tanzania) where it has drilled water wells. A community 'Life Center' was built in Tanzania in conjunction with Pat Boone.
- "Mission Statement". GOD TV. Archived from the original on 31 August 2011.
- Daly, Patrick. 'GOD TV buys former Land Registry property' - "GOD TV has purchased the former Land Registry property in Burrington Industrial Estate and plans to use it as a base for its European operation.", The Herald (Plymouth), 19 February 2014.
- Telford, William.'GOD TV buys former Land Registry property' - "Two hundred people work for GOD TV worldwide, but the core team will be in Plymouth.", The Herald (Plymouth), 30 April 2014.
- - "GOD TV founder Wendy Alec just appointed Ward Simpson as CEO. Simpson's installation is being positioned as a 'new season' for the global network.", Jennifer LeClaire Charisma (magazine), Lake Mary, FL, 3 October 2016.
- Telford, William. 'GOD TV investment paves way for Plymouth Union Street Development' - "The channel can reach 262 million homes worldwide, including 92.6 million in India.", The Herald (Plymouth), 19 February 2014.
- - 'Christians On TV - The Christian Channel Europe the first Christian cable TV channel in the UK is now being aired.' - "THE FIRST Christian cable TV channel in the UK, The Christian Channel Europe, is now on air. The channel is the first cable TV channel aimed squarely at European Christians. TCCE will be available from the Astra Satellite on the same channel as Sky Soap and Sky Sports 2 between 04:00 and 07:00 GMT daily from November." , Cross Rhythms, 1 December 1995.
- GOD TV' BROADCASTS FROM THE HOLY LAND' - "Christian TV programming is beaming from the Holy Land round-the-clock since the United Kingdom-based GOD TV network relocated its broadcast center to Jerusalem. The July move has broadened the network's reach to 80 percent of the world, with millions of homes in India now able to tune into the GOD Channel via cable.", Charisma (magazine), 31 October 2002.
- [Europe's "GOD TV" Expands to the United States - "Europe’s Christian broadcaster GOD TV is scheduled to officially launch in the United States on DirectTV on 6 October 2005."], Christian Today, 29 September 2005.
- 'GOD TV debuts in China' - "GOD TV has been steadily making inroads into the Far East with daily broadcasts in Hong Kong. But now, in an unprecedented development, millions in China can access GOD TV's mix of Christian programming 24-hours-a- day. The expansion follows the launch of GOD TV's dedicated Greater China service on 16 October 2008, which is broadcast directly from Jerusalem via two new satellites, providing the entire Far East region with Christian programming.", Christian Today, 20 October 2008.
- LeClaire, Jennifer. - "Citing Moral Failure, GOD TV Co-Founder Rory Alec Resigns.", Charisma (magazine), 2 October 2014.
- '30 Emerging Voices' - "The Alecs... produce programs that are hip and sophisticated for younger viewers who can't stomach most other religious programming. Unless other broadcasters figure out a way to reconnect with younger viewers, it is likely that GOD TV's debut in the United States will send channel surfers in the Alecs' direction.", Charisma (magazine), Lake Mary, FL, 31 July 2005.
- 'GOD TV, Musicians Partner Against Human Trafficking', Dakota Voice, 29 January 2009.
- 'GOD TV to broadcast Global Day of Prayer live', Christianity Today 25 May 2009.
- 'GOD TV Tops 20 Million Homes in the USA' - "Global Christian broadcaster expands its distribution base to several key cities."
- 'GOD TV: What would Jesus watch?'- "GOD TV, a global Christian broadcasting network, today announces that viewers throughout Central Florida can now watch the network on channel 55.2."
- 'Angel Foundation, the' Charities Direct.com
- "Business Diary: Where to hear the word of God". The Independent. 12 August 2010.
- "GOD TV: Supporting of Carer of the year award at Plymouth Community Awards". The Herald (Plymouth). 7 December 2016.
GOD TV is thrilled to be sponsoring the Carer of the Year Award again this year," says Fergus Scarfe, GOD TV Regional Director. In the midst of so much hardship faced by many in our community, it is amazing to see so many wonderful Plymouthians contributing to the daily lives of those in need.
- 'Excellent directing from GOD TV. A very special production with excellent teaching from Angus.' CBC Media Awards, Best Live Event Programme, Angus Buchan's Mighty Men Event, Gold, The Christian Broadcasting Council of the UK, London
- 'A different way to produce a major youth event... exciting, vibrant and beyond the norm.' CBC Media Awards, Best Youth Programme, Soul Survivor Extra, Gold, The Christian Broadcasting Council of the UK, London
- "GOD TV, la télévision évangéliste, propose une programmation basée sur la foi et la lecture de la Bible. Leur objectif : inviter un milliard d'âmes à assister à des conférences, des débats, de l'enseignement religieux. Aider à mieux vivre sa foi, voilà l'objectif de GOD TV."
- 'CHRISTLICHES TV IN DEUTSCHLAND'
- Carew, Douglas. 'Switch on to GOD TV - a heavenly new channel' - "South Africans now have satellite access to a TV station named after God, after GOD TV hit the country's television airwaves"., Cape Argus, Cape Town, 31 May 2002 .
- 'ViewSat Helps GOD TV Expand Audience' - "Whilst GOD TV is a global television network with over 264 million connected homes, GOD TV Africa has been expanding its footprint on the continent to over 20 million connected homes since it was launched in 2002."., InBroadcast International Industry News, 8 January 2015.
- - "Yesterday saw the conclusion of an agreement between Kiss TV and the world's biggest Christian broadcaster, GOD TV... We have come to an agreement with Kiss TV to broadcast only the best content from GOD TV. Kiss viewers will watch GOD TV between 5-9 am every morning."
- 'GOD TV to air Angus Buchan men's conference', Christianity Today 23 April 2009
- 'Christian Television World First for GOD TV' - "America's newest Christian network, GOD TV today announced that it will be screening world-renowned Evangelist, Reinhard Bonnke’s latest mass crusade – LIVE from West Africa to the USA and across the globe next week", 25 May 2007.
- 'Thousands Gather for GOD TV Israel Tour', Christianity Today 2 November 2007.
- 'Jesus Recruited: God-TV Helps Israel Oust Bedouin.' - "Half a million trees planted over the past 18 months on the ancestral lands of Bedouin tribes in Israel's Negev region were bought by a controversial Christian evangelical television channel that calls itself God-TV.", Palestine Chronicle, 28 December 2010.
- Schiavi, N.J. (26 October 2017). "Christian reporters call Israel's media summit a success". Kehila News Israel.
Israeli officials were able to connect with leading Christian media personalities. The heads of several large outlets attended the summit including Christian Broadcasting Network (CBN) CEO Gordon Robertson, Trinity Broadcasting Network President Matt Crouch, Good TV International Manager Winifred Yeh, God TV CEO Ward Simpson and author Mike Evans who founded Friends of Zion Museum in Jerusalem.
- Harsh Kabra. 'God rides the ether as his angels, in many flavours' "Which way do you then look at the likes of God TV? Reveals Thomas Robinson, channel director for Asia and Middle East: "Our channel is about spreading the love of God, helping people find God. It’s not about a religion but about the person Jesus who brings joy and peace into our lives... We respect the varied culture and beliefs of everyone...", Outlook India, 20 October 2003.
- Pherwanieema, Sseema. 'Indiantelevision.com Special Report' "There are millions of viewers across the country seeking salvation via the tube. In an angst driven and time-pressed society, viewers are lapping up the best of what the spiritual channels have to offer. A few years ago, there were just a few of them… Now there are many more - there is Aastha, Sanskar, Sadhana, Jagran, GOD TV, Miraclenet and QTV, to name the better known ones.", 4 June 2005.
- Russ Bravo. 'Christian broadcasting awards celebrate rising standards' "Gold for the best broadcast interview went to God TV’s Middle East Special – Baghdad, where Christians are living under the ever-present threat of suicide bombs. Rory Alec interviewed Canon Andrew White, the Vicar of Baghdad, in a programme described by the judges as “Brilliant, revealing what it is like for Christians to live each day as if it were their last.” The programme was produced and directed by Graeme Spencer, who picked up two other gold awards."
- Chathuri Dissanayake 'Buddhist leaders say God TV on Dialog no threat' - "GOD, the evangelical channel of the American New Church is now available to Sri Lankan viewers on request...The God TV Channel has also been involved in the provision of tsunami relief to Sri Lankan victims.". The Sunday Times, Sri Lanka, Sunday, August 05, 2007.
- Angel Christian Television Australia Limited is a limited by guarantee Australian public company
- Optus D2 at 152.0°E
- Wayne is currently the GOD TV Regional Director for Australasia, Hong Kong & Greater China.
- Planetshakers on GOD TV
- Hillsong Church on GOD TV
- Hillsong Conference to broadcast on God TV
- Arise Church New Zealand on GOD TV
- Instal-Life puts GOD TV into Prisons
- GOD TV Airs Ground-Breaking Event from China - Faith News Network
- Vanuatu is the 1st Pacific nation to get GOD TV
- 'GOD TV Celebrates 10 Years in Africa' - "GOD TV also has a strong charitable outreach in African nations. GOD TV supports Kondanani Children's Village in Malawi, a country of one million orphans. It has assisted with a hydro-electric water project in Zambia and the drilling of several wells to provide clean water to desperate villagers in arid areas of Kenya and Tanzania." Faith That Inspires Action - Posted by Rev. Robert A. Crutchfield.
- 'GOD TV Focuses on the Middle East' - "The GOD TV family will also be praying for the people of the Middle East and extending a hand of compassion by giving a portion of the funds raised through the broadcasts to the persecuted congregation of St Georges Church in Baghdad, Iraq. GOD TV regularly supports these Iraqi believers who are making a bold stand for Christ, and Rory Alec led a GOD TV team to Iraq in May to bring viewers an update on how they are making a difference in people's lives in this war-torn country." Christian Newswire, 7 June 2011
- 'GOD TV Brings Christian Values to Millions' - "I’ve been participating in a fabulous project mounted by GOD TV, the worldwide satellite Christian channel... They’ve launched a gigantic program called “Cape Town to Cairo,” a beautifully conceived plan to drill deep freshwater wells up and down the whole continent of Africa, where people by the millions are languishing without clean water." Pat Boone, Newsmax, Monday, 2 August 2010,