|Headquarters||GS Tower, 508 Nonhyeon-ro, Gangnam-gu, |
South Korea, 06141
Number of locations
|13,899 (as of June 9, 2020)|
|Yeon-soo Huh (NED)|
GS25 (Korean: 지에스25) is a South Korean chain of convenience stores operated and owned by GS Retail, a subsidiary company of the GS Group. The headquarters of the company are located at the GS Tower in Gangnam-gu, Seoul. As of June 9, 2020, GS25 operates 13,899 stores.
GS25, then known as LG25, opened their first store in Dongdaemun-gu, Seoul in 1990. However, in 2005, GS Group split from the LG Corporation, the name of LG25 was correspondingly changed to GS25. In March 2019, GS25 changed their brand identity for the first time since changing their name to GS25. With the new identity, a new slogan of "Lifestyle Platform" began to be applied to all new store signage. However, as of August 2019, most stores still use the former identity.
- "Board of Directors". gs.co.kr. September 3, 2020. Retrieved September 3, 2020.
- "Location". gs.co.kr. September 3, 2020. Retrieved September 3, 2020.
- Oh, Sang-yong (June 9, 2020). "South Korea: Retail Foods". USDA.gov. United States Department of Agriculture. p. 06. Retrieved September 3, 2020.
- Kim, Ji-soo (January 27, 2005). "GS formally splits from LG". Korea JoongAng Daily. JoongAng Ilbo. Retrieved September 3, 2020.
- Jeon, Young-sun (March 27, 2019). "GS25 14년 사용 브랜드 이미지 교체". JoongAng Ilbo. Retrieved September 3, 2020.
- Kim, Bui (November 1, 2019). "South Korean convenience store chain launches franchise in Vietnam". VnExpress. FPT Group. Retrieved September 3, 2020.
|This article about a South Korean company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|