GSC Game World
GSC Game World (GSCGW) is a Ukrainian video game developer. Founded in 1995 in Kiev by Hryhorovych Serhiy, it released titles such as Cossacks: European Wars, American Conquest, Alexander, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat. In 2004, GSC Game World founded a publishing firm, GSC World Publishing.
GSCGW's most successful game series was S.T.A.L.K.E.R., a survival shooter seven years in development that was released in March 2007. It is also known for the Cossacks series. Most of their titles are published in Europe by Cdv Software Entertainment.
GSCGW created the X-Ray Engine used in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series.
In 2013 a controversial new company was formed, called West Games (formerly Union Studio), with people who claimed to be former members or leading specialists of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series. However, GSC Game World later revealed that the only STALKER project West Games were working on was a canceled Flash game.
In December 2014, GSC reopened officially. They also announced a new game to be in development.
In May 2015, GSC announced Cossacks 3 which will be a remake of their real-time strategy classic.
Titles developed by GSC Game World
- 2001 — Codename: Outbreak
- 2001 — Cossacks: European Wars
- 2002 — Cossacks: Art of War
- 2002 — Cossacks: Back to War
- 2003 — Hover Ace
- 2003 — American Conquest
- 2003 — American Conquest: Fight Back
- 2003 — American Conquest: Divided Nation
- 2003 — Firestarter
- 2004 — Alexander
- 2005 — Cossacks II: Napoleonic Wars
- 2006 — Cossacks II: Battle for Europe
- 2006 — Heroes of Annihilated Empires
- 2007 — S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
- 2008 — S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky
- 2009 — S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
- 2016 — Cossacks 3
Xbox 360 developer rights
In November 2007, GSC acquired Xbox 360 developer rights. In September 2009 GSC announced that it would port S.T.A.L.K.E.R. to consoles (Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3). However, due to a lack of manpower, they planned to begin with the release of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 which was later stuck in development hell.
- STALKER FALLOUT: POLYGON TRACES THE EXODUS FROM KIEV'S LEGENDARY GSC GAME WORLD
- "Vostok Games".
- "Kickstarter suspends Ex-STALKER devs' Areal campaign, West Games turns to direct funding".
- "Kickstarter 'Areal' Scam Is Back With 'STALKER Apocalypse' On Shady New Crowdfunding Site".
- "S.T.A.L.K.E.R successor scandal is media-fabricated, dev claims".
- Hall, Charlie (Dec 22, 2014). "The original developer of STALKER re-opens, has a good laugh, announces new game". Polygon. Retrieved 16 June 2015.
- Games Industry.biz, GSC makes it's comeback. ""It's a hard time for Ukraine, but a good time to be a proud Ukrainian"". gamesindustry.biz. Retrieved 21 December 2014.
- "GSC becomes a certified Xbox 360 developer". GSC Game world. 2007-11-23. Retrieved 2011-03-22.
- Makuch, Eddie. "S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 canceled". GameSpot.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to GSC Game World.|