||This article needs to be updated. (March 2017)|
|Spania GTA Spano|
|Assembly||Rina-roja de Túria, Spain|
|Body and chassis|
|Class||Sports car (S)|
|Body style||2-door coupé|
|Layout||Rear-mid engine, rear-wheel-drive|
|Engine||Central rear longitudinally-mounted twin turbocharged V10|
7-speed automatic sequential with paddle shift
|Length||183.0 in (4,648 mm)|
|Width||77.9 in (1,979 mm)|
|Height||47.2 in (1,199 mm)|
|Curb weight||2,976.2 lb (1,350 kg)|
The Spania GTA Spano is a Spanish supercar built in Valencia by the company GTA Motor, a sister company to GTA Motor Competición. It began as a secret project in 2005, and was first released to the public in 2008 when the model was presented under the name of GTA Concept. The first units were manufactured and delivered at the end of 2010.
Since 2008, a large group of engineers worked on the project under the direction of Domingo Ochoa, who has over 15 years of experience in racing cars, a key point for the technical development of the vehicle. The car has several worldwide patents (five fully processed according to the last presentation of the company) and will make use of technology never before implemented in a Spanish vehicle.
In February 2008 a public and official presentation of the project was made through a model in the City of Arts and Sciences in Valencia. In August of that year, the first prototype began testing at the Circuit Ricardo Tormo. From 19 to 25 April 2010, the car was officially presented at the Top Marques Monaco lounge. The first units were manufactured and delivered at the end of 2010. Only 99 units will be built in order to maintain its exclusivity.
Their production is carried out exclusively in Riba-roja de Túria, the town where GTA Motor has established its main facilities.
The latest version of the car is set to be featured at the 2013 Geneva Motor Show with a 925 bhp (690 kW) engine with 1220 Nm of torque, which has been electronically limited.
The GTA Spano played a role in the 2014 film Need For Speed.
The latest version of the GTA Spano can be driven in Forza Horizon 3, released in The Smoking Tire Car Pack.
The chassis was made by combining carbon fibre, titanium. The Spano is powered by a twin turbocharged version of the Dodge Viper's V10 engine, mounted in a mid-rear longitudinal position and puts out 820 hp and 960 Nm of torque.
The Spano is characterized by the exclusivity of its lines and its high performance. The car is known to reach an unofficial top speed in excess of 350 km/h (217 mph), and 0–100 km/h takes less than three seconds.
The Spano has a good power-to-weight ratio of .62 hp/kg (using bio-ethanol) and large wheels, namely 255/35R19 in the front and 335/30R20 at the rear, with Pirelli PZero tires as a standard option. Braking is carried out by six-piston calipers from AP Racing with a pneumatic ABS system and carbon-ceramic discs 380 mm in diameter.
The exterior design was carried out by Valencian designer Sento Pallardó. Its panoramic glass roof, which has a patented system of opacity and lighting, gives a sense of spaciousness inside.
- Engine: 8.4 litre V10 (Dodge V10)
- Power: 780 bhp (582 kW) (840 bhp (626 kW) using bio-ethanol)
- Suspension: multi-adjustable
- Tires: Pirelli PZero
- Weight: 1,350 kg (2,976 lb)
- Fuel capacity: 110 l (29 US gal)
- Maximum speed: > 370 km/h ( > 230 mph)
- Acceleration 0–100 kp/h: 2.9 sec
- PVP €692,975.00 before taxes
- current market price €1,500,000.00
Other Spanish supercars:
- "Future Models - GTA 2010 Spano". GoAuto.com.au. Retrieved 2009-05-19.
- "2013 GTA Motors Spano, Marbella, Spain - Jamesedition.com". JamesEdition. 17 August 2016. Retrieved 17 August 2016.
- Official website 3A11&hl=en#1046 Data GTA Motorpasión.
- 2009 GTA Spano at www.conceptcarz.com
- "GTA Spano, 780 CV made in Spain" (in Spanish). Motorpasión. 7 May 2009. External link in
- "GTA Spano, las fotos en vivo" (in Spanish). Motorpasión. 15 May 2009. External link in
- Video presentation
- "El GTA Spano, uno de los atractivos del Top Marques Mónaco" (in Spanish).