GTR 2 – FIA GT Racing Game
This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (December 2017)
|GTR 2 – FIA GT Racing Game|
European cover art
|Developer(s)||Blimey! Games, SimBin|
GTR 2 – FIA GT Racing Game is a sports car racing simulator developed by Blimey! Games and SimBin Studios (later Sector3 Studios) for the x86 PC and is a sequel to GTR. Since its release in September 2006, it has received widespread acclaim. The game simulates the 2003 and 2004 FIA GT Championship racing series.
One of the reasons GTR 2 has been so popular is the ability to create custom content for the game. This has led to a large community of players who create new vehicles and tracks to race with.
- IGN's award for Best PC Racing Game of 2006.
- GameSpot's award for Best Driving Game of 2006 as well as the Best Game Nobody Played of 2006.
- GameSpy rated it the 9th best PC game of 2006.
The editors of Computer Games Magazine presented GTR 2 with their 2006 "Best Simulation" award. It was a runner-up for their list of the year's top 10 computer games. It also won PC Gamer US's 2006 "Best Racing Game" award.
- Staff (March 2007). "The Best (and Worst) of 2006; The 16th Annual Computer Games Awards". Computer Games Magazine (195): 46–51.
- "The 13th Annual PC Gamer Awards Reveals The Best Of The Best For 2006" (Press release). South San Francisco, California: Future US. February 2, 2007. Archived from the original on June 17, 2007.