This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
1973 (age 46–47)
|Years active||from 1998 to now|
|Known for||Mandriva Linux creator, Mandriva co-founder|
Gaël Duval (born 1973) is a French entrepreneur. In July 1998, he created Mandrake Linux (now Mandriva Linux), a Linux distribution originally based on Red Hat Linux and KDE. He was also a co-founder of MandrakeSoft (now merged in Mandriva) with Jacques Le Marois and Frédéric Bastok.
Gaël Duval was responsible for communication in the Mandriva management team until he was laid off by the company in March 2006, in a round of cost-cutting. Duval suspected part of the reason for his dismissal was disagreement with management over the company's future strategy, resulting in a lawsuit against the company.
In 2016, he co-founded NFactory.io, an incubator-accelerator of "startups".
In November 2017, Gael Duval created the /e/ mobile operating system, which is a privacy-oriented fork of the Android-based LineageOS accompanied with a set of online services. In 2018, Duval founded the E Foundation, which maintains /e/.
- Moody, Glyn (2002-01-01). Rebel Code: Linux and the Open Source Revolution. Basic Books. ISBN 0738206709.
- Cheung, Humphrey (2006-03-16). "Mandriva Linux fires its founder". TGDaily. Retrieved 2019-10-14.
- La page perso de Gaël Duval, créateur de Mandrake Linux/Mandriva Linux, co-fondateur de Mandrakesoft/Mandriva - FAQ Mandriva Archived 2007-12-22 at the Wayback Machine
- Interview of François Bancilhon, CEO of Mandriva Archived 2007-12-20 at the Wayback Machine
- Ulteo brings OpenOffice to Web browser | Tech news blog - CNET News.com
- « La Normandie est une belle carte à jouer »
- Leaving Apple and Google: /e/ is the symbol for “my data is MY data” — Gaël Duval (news, mandrake, /e/ my data is my data...)
- Byfield, Bruce (March 2018). "You Say Goodbye, and I Say eelo". Linux Magazine. No. 208. Retrieved 2019-09-07.
- David, Nash (5 January 2018). "eelo: In conversation with Gaël Duval, creator of the Google-less Android project". BGR India. Retrieved 6 September 2019.
- eFoundation — /e/
- Announcing «e Foundation» for eelo — Gaël Duval (news, mandrake, /e/ my data is my data…)
|This French business–related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|