Caen, Normandy, France
|Years active||from 1998 to now|
|Known for||Mandriva Linux creator, Mandriva co-founder|
Gaël Duval (born 1973) is a French entrepreneur. In July 1998, he created Mandrake Linux (now Mandriva Linux), a Linux distribution originally based on Red Hat Linux and KDE. He was also a co-founder of MandrakeSoft (now merged in Mandriva) with Jacques Le Marois and Frédéric Bastok.
Gaël Duval was responsible for communication in the Mandriva management team until he was laid off by the company in March 2006, in a round of cost-cutting. Duval suspected part of the reason for his dismissal was disagreement with management over the company's future strategy, resulting in a lawsuit against the company.
In 2016, he co-founded NFactory.io, an incubator-accelerator of "startups".
In November 2017, Gael Duval has created a mobile platform /e/ (/e/ is the symbol for "My data is MY data"), which is based on LineageOS. In 2018, Duval created e Foundation for /e/.
- Moody, Glyn (2002-01-01). Rebel Code: Linux and the Open Source Revolution. Basic Books. ISBN 0738206709.
- La page perso de Gaël Duval, créateur de Mandrake Linux/Mandriva Linux, co-fondateur de Mandrakesoft/Mandriva - FAQ Mandriva Archived 2007-12-22 at the Wayback Machine.
- Interview of François Bancilhon, CEO of Mandriva Archived 2007-12-20 at the Wayback Machine.
- Ulteo brings OpenOffice to Web browser | Tech news blog - CNET News.com
- « La Normandie est une belle carte à jouer »
- Leaving Apple and Google: /e/ is the symbol for “my data is MY data” — Gaël Duval (news, mandrake, /e/ my data is my data...)
- eelo, a mobile OS and web-services, in the public interest by Gaël Duval — Kickstarter
- Leaving Apple and Google : my «eelo odyssey» — Introduction — Gaël Duval (À propos, news, mandrake, eelo…)
- Eelo: A Google-less Android alternative emerges | ZDNet
- Eelo: The Latest Linux Mobile Attempt, Led By Mandrake's Founder - Phoronix
- eelo: An Open Source Android-alternative Being Developed By Mandrake Linux Creator, FossBytes
- Mandrake Linux founder is developing eelo: an open source mobile OS (Android without the Google apps and services) - Liliputing
- Leaving Apple & Google: /e/ first beta is here! — Gaël Duval
- eFoundation — /e/
- Announcing «e Foundation» for eelo — Gaël Duval (news, mandrake, /e/ my data is my data…)
- Gaël Duval's homepage
- /e/ project, created by Gaёl Duval
- Gaël Duval's Twitter page
- Gaël Duval's Mastodon page
- Mandriva Linux fires its founder
- Interview with Gael Duval, Sep 24, 2006
|This French business–related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|