|Born||Gabrielle Lemos Garcia|
November 17, 1985
Porto Alegre, Brazil
|Residence||São Paulo, Brazil|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight||209 lb (95 kg)|
|Team||Alliance Jiu Jitsu|
|Rank||Brazilian Jiu-JitsuBlack belt in|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Jiu Jitsu and grappling
Gabi Garcia was born on November 17, 1985. Garcia trains in São Paulo with Fabio Gurgel, at the Alliance team, where she has achieved three Abu Dhabi Combat Club championships and nine world Brazilian jiu-jitsu championships.
Garcia's results from the 2013 IBJJF World Jiu-Jitsu Championships (IBJJF) were automatically disqualified when she tested positive for the fertility drug Clomiphene, which is on the USADA banned list. After a case review, Garcia was found to have not been at fault for the positive test—no suspension was given.
Mixed martial arts
In her second fight for the promotion, Garcia faced Anna Malyukova at Rizin Fighting Federation 1 on April 17, 2016. She won the fight via armbar submission in the second round.
Garcia was scheduled to face Shinobu Kandori at Rizin 4: Rizin Fighting World Grand Prix 2016: Final Round on December 31, 2016. However, Kandori pulled out of the bout due to an injury and was replaced by Yumiko Hotta. Garcia won the bout via TKO in the first round.
Garcia next faced Russian boxer Oksana Gagloeva on July 30, 2017 at Rizin 6. The bout ended in a No Contest due to an eye poke that occurred just sixteen seconds into the first round.
Garcia made her shoot boxing debut on July 7, 2017 when she faced Megumi Yabushita at Shoot Boxing Girl’s S-Cup 2017. The bout was declared a No Contest after twice hitting Yabushita with illegal soccer kicks when her opponent fell to the ground.
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|7 matches||6 wins||0 losses|
|Win||6–0 (1)||Barbara Nepomuceno||Submission (americana)||Rizin 14||December 31, 2018||1||2:34||Saitama, Japan|
|Win||5–0 (1)||Veronika Futina||Submission (rear-naked choke)||Road FC 047||May 12, 2018||1||3:49||Beijing, China|
|NC||4–0 (1)||Oksana Gagloeva||NC (eye poke)||Rizin World Grand Prix 2017 Opening Round - Part 1||July 30, 2017||1||0:16||Saitama, Japan||Eyepoke rendered Gagloeva unable to continue.|
|Win||4–0||Yumiko Hotta||TKO (punches)||Rizin 4: Rizin Fighting World Grand Prix 2016: Final Round||December 31, 2016||1||0:41||Saitama, Japan|
|Win||3–0||Destanie Yarbrough||Submission (americana)||Rizin World Grand-Prix 2016: 1st Round||September 25, 2016||1||2:42||Saitama, Japan|
|Win||2–0||Anna Malyukova||Submission (armbar)||Rizin Fighting Federation 1||April 17, 2016||2||2:04||Nagoya, Japan|
|Win||1-0||Lei'D Tapa||TKO (backfist and punches)||Rizin Fighting World GP 2015: Iza no Mai||December 31, 2015||1||2:36||Saitama, Japan|
Shoot boxing record
|Shoot boxing record|
0 Wins, 0 Losses, 1 No Contest
Legend: Win Loss Draw/No contest Notes
- "Gabi Garcia on MMA debut: 'People thought I'd box like Manny Pacquiao and kick like Anderson Silva'". MMA Fighting. 2016-04-16. Retrieved 2016-04-21.
- "Gabi Garcia Tests Positive for Fertility Drug, Stripped of 2013 Worlds Title". Bloody Elbow. 27 March 2014. Retrieved 28 October 2014.
- "Gabi Garcia set for MMA debut against Japanese giant killer Megumi Yabushita". Bloody Elbow. Retrieved 2014-10-29.
- "Gabi Garcia gets new date for MMA debut, this time in Brazil". Bloody Elbow. Retrieved 2015-01-19.
- "During Bellator 145, King Mo's entry to the RIZIN FIGHTING WORLD GRAND-PRIX 2015 and Gabi Garcia vs Lei'D Tapa's matchup was announced". Rizin FF. Retrieved 2015-11-07.
- "Gabi Garcia vs Shinobu Kandori Set ⋆ MMA TakeOver". MMA TakeOver. 2017-11-29. Retrieved 2017-11-30.
- "Gabi Garcia vs. Shinobu Kandori scratched from Rizin FF 8 after massive weigh-in miss". MMA Junkie. 2017-12-29. Retrieved 2017-12-29.
- Marc Raimondi (December 12, 2018). "Gabi Garcia returns to Rizin to fight Brazilian kickboxer Barbara Nepomuceno on New Year's Eve". mmafighting.com.
- "Gabi Garcia's stand-up debut ends in no-contest after illegal soccer kick". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2017-07-07.