Outside of her contributions in the art world, she is known for her collaboration with the Icelandic musician and superstar Björk. The two have collaborated on Björk's 2002 CD box set Family Tree and on the 2005 video for Björk's song "Where is the Line" from the album Medúlla. The two also combined their multimedia efforts at the 2005 La Biennale di Venezia in Venice, Italy ().
- Gavin, Francesca. Hell Bound: New Gothic Art. London: Laurence King Publishing, 2008.
- Website of Gabríela Friðriksdóttir's gallery (Hamish Morrison Galerie Berlin) 
- Interview with Gabríela Friðriksdóttir
- Her artwork at the i8 gallery
- POL Oxygen gallery of her work
- Gabriela Ouroboros gallery
|This article about an Icelandic painter is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an Icelandic sculptor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|