August 30, 1975 |
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
|Partner(s)||Halle Berry (2005–10)|
|Height||1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)|
He has modeled for Tommy Hilfiger, Gianni Versace, Calvin Klein, DKNY, Valentino, Trussardi, Nautica, Exte, Joop, Massimo Dutti and Next. He is signed to Wilhelmina Models in New York City, and to Beatrice Models in Milan, Italy.
He appeared in a Macy's commercial in early 2008 as part of an exclusivity with Calvin Klein alongside Mariah Carey, Martha Stewart, Donald Trump and Carlos Santana. He was the only male model to ever appear on the cover of L'Uomo Vogue while appearing in four different designers' campaigns at the same time, in the same magazine. He has been listed on the "Most Beautiful People List" (People Magazine). In 2012, he was one of the top earning male models in the modeling industry.
Aubry began dating American actress Halle Berry in November 2005. The couple met at a Versace photoshoot. Berry gave birth to the couple's daughter in March 2008. On April 30, 2010, Aubry and Berry announced their separation.
After their separation, Aubry and Berry became involved in a highly publicized custody battle, centered primarily on Berry's desire to move with their daughter from Los Angeles to France, the native country of Berry's then-fiance (now estranged husband), actor Olivier Martinez. Aubry objected to the move on the grounds that it would interfere with Aubry and Berry's joint custody arrangement.
In November 2012, a judge denied Berry's request to move her daughter to France in light of Aubry's objections, despite the custody evaluator's opinion which favored Berry. Martinez performed a citizen's arrest on Aubry, and was granted an emergency protective order preventing Aubry from coming within 100 yards of Berry and their daughter, and Martinez until November 26, 2012. In turn, Aubry obtained a restraining order against Martinez on November 26, 2012, asserting that the fight began when Martinez threatened to kill Aubry if he did not allow the couple to move to France.
Leaked court documents included photos showing significant injuries to Aubry's face, which were widely displayed in the media. On November 29, 2012, Berry's lawyer announced that Berry and Aubry had reached an amicable custody agreement in court.
Aubry owned a restaurant called Cafe Fuego, located in the East Village of Manhattan. In 2008, he released an album Cafe Fuego Vol. 1 , which he produced. He plays guitar on some of the tracks. The album was created to reflect the ambiance of the restaurant and has been described as "a delicate fusion of soulful sounds, highlighted with a world music flair, bossa-nova grooves and inspired by Latin and Cuban roots."
Aubry is an avid golfer and takes part in various celebrity tournaments from time to time. He plays using Callaway clubs and is a single-handicap golfer. He also is a lacrosse player and sponsors the annual Can Do tournament in Venice Beach, California
- Date of birth formerly given as January 4, 1976.
- "Gabriel Aubry profile". hellomagazine.com. Retrieved April 14, 2012.
- Gabriel Aubry biodata, mostbeautifulman.com; accessed October 28, 2015.
- Model Profile of Gabriel Aubry, models.com; accessed October 28, 2015.
- "Top 10 earning male models". Fashion: Gabriel Aubry. The Telegraph. Retrieved April 14, 2012.
- "Halle Berry Steps Out with Her New Man", people.com, February 15, 2006; accessed 2008-01-10.
- Charlotte Triggs and Julie Jordan. "Source: Halle Berry 'Kicked Gabriel Out' Months Ago", people.com; accessed 2010-05-03.
- Mike Fleeman (January 18, 2011). "Halle Berry's Ex Gabriel Aubry Files for Joint Custody of Daughter", People.com; accessed 2011-01-19.
- Mike Fleeman (January 31, 2011). Halle Berry to Fight for Custody of Daughter, People.com; accessed 2011-01-31.
- Stephen M. Silverman (June 21, 2012). "Halle Berry to Pay Gabriel Aubry $20,000 a Month in Child Support: Report", People.com; accessed 2012-11-23.
- Tim Nudd (October 16, 2012). "Halle Berry: Why I Want to Leave the Country", People.com; accessed 2012-11-23.
- Halle Berry Can't Move to France with Daughter: Report, People.com, November 9, 2012; accessed 2012-11-23.
- "Halle Berry enlists Salma Hayek's help in custody case to move daughter to France". NY Daily News. Retrieved October 30, 2015.
- "Custody Evaluation Shows Halle's the Better Parent". Retrieved October 30, 2015.
- Sarah Michaud. Gabriel Aubry Arrested After Brawl with Olivier Martinez. People.com, November 22, 2012; accessed 2012-11-23.
- (November 26, 2012). Gabriel Aubry describes confrontation with Halle Berry's fiance, latimes.com; accessed 2012-11-26.
- Gabriel Aubry: Halle Berry's Fiance Threatened to KILL ME, November 26, 2012, TMZ.com; accessed 2012-11-26.
- Natalie Finn. Halle Berry and Gabriel Aubry Reach "Amicable Agreement" in Court. Eonline.com, November 29, 2012; accessed 2012-11-30.
- "Halle Berry to Pay $16,000 Each Month in Child Support". abcnews. Retrieved June 10, 2014.
- Profile, InsideOnline.com; accessed October 28, 2015.
- "Gabriel Aubry". Zimbio. Archived from the original on July 11, 2013. Retrieved April 8, 2013.