|Nationality||Italian (Sicilian) - Mexican|
|Occupation||Producer, Writer, Director|
|Home town||Los Angeles, California|
Gabriel Campisi is an American producer, screenwriter and director.
Campisi began making Super 8mm movies at the age of 8, and received his first recognition at Chicago's Photographic Society of America Teenage Film Festival at the age of 16 for his short film The Lost Creature, a project that mixed live action with stop-motion animation. He got his start in Hollywood as a Production Assistant after graduating high school, and continued to shoot short films that received international attention for special effects, including The Law.
Campisi is the screenwriter of the motion picture Little Dead Rotting Hood, starring Eric Balfour, Bianca A. Santos, Romeo Miller, Patrick Muldoon, Heather Tom and Marina Sirtis, the author of the first and second editions of the book The Independent Filmmaker's Guide to Writing a Business Plan for Investors, published by McFarland & Company, and the editor-in-chief of the comic book 17 & Life: Jailbait, which was turned into a feature motion picture in 2014.
Movies Campisi has produced include The Horde, featuring Bill Moseley, Costas Mandylor, Nestor Serrano, Vernon Wells (actor) and Matt Willig, Arlo the Burping Pig, featuring Drake Bell and Joey Lawrence, Buddy Hutchins, starring Jamie Kennedy and Sally Kirkland, Wishing For A Dream, starring Sara Malakul Lane, School's Out, featuring Jason London, Eric Roberts, David Chokachi and Nick Swardson, Blue Line, starring Tom Sizemore and Jordan Ladd, and Pinwheel, featuring the last performance by Ox Baker.
He is a member of the Producers Guild of America.
- Jacobs, Stephen. "Gabriel Campisi and 'The Law'". Videomaker Magazine. No. December 1994. pp. Pages 165–167.
- Nadler, Art. "Teen's Talent Focuses on Filmmaking". Las Vegan City Magazine. No. November 1986. pp. Pages 34–35.
- Bennett, Rebyl. "UFO Enthusiast Produces Movie: Filmmaker Offers Rare Insight Into the Men-In-Black Enigma". UFO Universe Magazine. No. Winter 1994. pp. Pages 4–6.
- "'Little Dead Rotting Hood' Hunts the Wolves in This Exclusive Trailer Premiere". Bloody Disgusting.
- "The Independent Filmmaker's Guide to Writing a Business Plan for Investors". Amazon.com.
- "17 & Life: Jailbait". IndyPlanet - Ka-Blam.
- Madler, Mark R. (February 9, 2014). "Studio Scares Up Encore". San Fernando Valley Business Journal (Volume 19, Issue 3). p. Page 3.
- Michael, Joy (October 15, 2014). "The Story of Ox Baker". Horror News.