|Date of birth||25 June 1952|
|1977–1981||Chimia Râmnicu Vâlcea||–||(–)|
|2011||Unirea Alba Iulia|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.|
Gabi Stan is known as the last manager to qualify FC Braşov in a European competition. In the 2000–2001 Romanian Division A he managed with Braşov a third spot finish, thus qualifying to the UEFA Cup, where the club subsequently managed to meet with Internazionale Milano. However, because he had signed a contract with Astra Ploieşti in the season break, he did not lead the team in the European encounters.
The following season, Stan was named as the new coach at Moldovan first division club Zimbru Chişinău, where he had the chance to lead the team in the European encounters of the 2002–2003 UEFA Cup. In the qualifying round of the competition his team managed to pass the Swedish club IFK Göteborg, while in the first round of the competition they were eliminated by Real Betis.
His domestical achievements in that season were a second spot finish in the league and the winning of the Moldovan Cup, in a final against Nistru Otaci. In that season, Stan competed against another Romanian manager, Gabi Balint, that came out champion with Sheriff Tiraspol. Stan would resign from Zimbru the following season.
Vaslui then Braşov again and again
He returns to Braşov at the beginning of the 2004–2005 season, to take over the team after a run of 5 matches without winning, but isn't able to recover it from under-performing and he is removed after the 20th round. The club relegates at the end of the season.
Two seasons later he is named again manager at Braşov, in round 10 of the 2006–2007 second division, when the team stayed on the 9th position; but once again, for the fourth time, he is removed by the chairman in the winter break, to make way for a temporary manager that had to prepare the return of former manager Răzvan Lucescu at the end of the season. It was to be Braşov's lowest season classification in its history.
Only few months later, in April 2007, he takes over local rivals Forex Braşov where he is in charge for 10 rounds in the same division, taking the team from third spot to fourth, not meeting the objective of promoting to the first division. The club decided at that point not to extend his contract.
On 18 March 2008, Stan was appointed at the struggling Liga I side UTA Arad, that was at the moment third from bottom and three points from safety. However, he resigns after only six rounds, on April 14, following a 1–4 defeat at Politehnica Iaşi, when the difference from saving from relegation was 8 points, in matchday 29.
In the 2008–2009 season, Gabi Stan was named the head coach of third division's Dunărea Călăraşi, in a project that aimed promotion. Later into the season, after several conflicts regarding unpaid players, he decided to resign in round 23. At that moment the club was still fighting at the top of the table.
In 2011 he had another short spell at Unirea Alba Iulia, a relegation battler in the second division at the time. He resigned on April 21, when the team was on the 14th spot, only to be officially announced the next day as the main coach of newly founded Moldovan second division club Ursidos Chişinău. Taking the team only from matchday 23, he managed to finish second in the league at the end of the season. Although the first placed club did not apply for a first division license, neither Ursidos were granted one and the club could not achieve promotion. However, ahead the start season, Ursidos Chişinău decided to merge with the first division club Milsami Orhei, forming Milsami-Ursidos. He was named main coach at the newly formed club, where he was in control until the end of the first half of the season, when his contract expired and he decided not to renew it.
At the time, he was returning to Moldovan football after 7 years. In an interview in 2010, he said that Zimbru and Braşov were his favourite teams and that he would train them for free at any time.
- "Gabriel Stan este noul antrenor al Municipalului". ziarulprahova.ro. 2008-01-30. Retrieved 2011-05-21.
- "Stan's the man for Brasov". uefa.com. 2001-10-04. Retrieved 2011-05-21.
- "No happy return for Stan and Brasov". uefa.com. 2002-04-24. Retrieved 2011-05-21.
- "Zimbru name Stan as new coach". uefa.com. 2002-05-30. Retrieved 2011-05-21.
- "The RSSSF Archive - Moldova 2002/03". rsssf.com. Retrieved 2011-05-21.
- "Balint bails out at Sheriff". uefa.com. 2003-06-01. Retrieved 2011-05-21.
FC Sheriff Tiraspol coach Gabi Balint has decided to leave the club after winning the Moldovan title.
- "Ultras-Tifo Forum -> Ultra Boys-Zimbru (Moldova)". ultraboys.net. 9 July 2006. Archived from the original on 7 October 2011. Retrieved 2011-05-21.
Following the resignation of Gabriel Stan results of the club went on the wane [...]. Translation from "Ultra Boys - O nas". ultraboys.net. Retrieved 2011-05-21.
- "List of FC Vaslui statistics and records"
- "The RSSSF Archive - Romania 2003/04". rsssf.ro. Retrieved 2011-05-21.
Divizia B, Seria 1: Round 16 [Mar 13] Poli Iasi 3-1 Vaslui, Round 17 [Mar 20] Vaslui 2-1 Focsani
- "Aurel Sunda - out, a venit "Gabello" la FC Brasov". mytex.ro. 2006-10-10. Retrieved 2011-05-21.
- "Liga 2 - Etapa a 10-a". mytex.ro. 2006-10-09. Retrieved 2011-05-21.
- "Mihai Stoica stia ca trebuia sa "danseze" doar un retur la Brasov". mytex.ro. 2007-06-08. Retrieved 2011-05-21.
- "SOC. Demitere Si Numire De Antrenor La FC Forex Brasov - La Instalare, Gabi Stan Si-a Urat Succes Si... Bafta". mytex.ro. 2007-04-17. Retrieved 2011-05-21.
- "Liga 2 - Etapa A 24-a". mytex.ro. 2007-04-16. Retrieved 2011-05-21.
- "Liga 2 - Ultima Etapa". mytex.ro. 2007-06-11. Retrieved 2011-05-21.
- "Fără antrenor". monitorulexpres.ro. 2007-06-12. Retrieved 2011-05-21.
- ""Gabello" nu mai este dorit de jucatorii Minerului Lupeni". mytex.ro. 2006-03-21. Retrieved 2011-05-21.
- "Stan the man for Romania's Arad". soccerway.com. 2008-03-18. Retrieved 2011-05-21.
- "Gabriel Stan a demisionat de la UTA Arad". romaniansoccer.ro. 2008-04-14. Retrieved 2011-05-21.
- "Politehnica Iaşi vs. UTA Arad - 13 April 2008". soccerway.com. 2008-04-13. Retrieved 2011-05-21.
- "Liga 1 Etapa 29 2007-2008". labtof.ro. Retrieved 2011-05-21.
- "Gabi Stan şi Mulţescu la Dunărea Călăraşi!". prosport.ro. 2008-06-25. Retrieved 2011-05-21.
- "Gabi Stan părăseşte Călăraşiul!". gsp.ro. 2009-04-04. Retrieved 2011-05-21.
- "Fotbal, Liga a III-a, Seria a II-a, etapa a XXV-a" (PDF). obiectiv-online.ro. 2009-04-17. p. 6. Retrieved 2011-05-21.
De la începutul acestei sãptãmâni, Dunãrea are un nou antrenor în persoana lui Valeriu Petrescu
- "Fotbal, Liga a III-a, Seria a II-a, etapa a XXV-a" (PDF). obiectiv-online.ro. 2009-04-10. p. 8. Retrieved 2011-05-21.
Clasament, Seria a II-a: 1.Steaua II 52p, 2.Săgeata Stejaru 47p, 3. CS Ovidiu 46p, 4.Unirea Slobozia 45p, 5.Rapid II 44p, 6.Dunărea Călăraşi 43p (with a game less played)
- "Câmpina a rămas fără antrenor". infoportal.ro. 2008-02-20. Retrieved 2011-05-21.
- "Horia Tiseanu si-a dat demisia de onoare de la FCM Campina". ziarulprahova.ro. 2008-03-04. Retrieved 2011-05-21.
Gabi Stan n-a fost angajat nici o zi la club. A stat zece zile si a plecat fara sa semneze niciun act, fara sa ia niciun leu.
- "Zona Neutra cu Gabriel Stan 2 iulie 2010". brasovfans.ro. 2010-07-03. Retrieved 2011-05-21.
- "Zona Neutra din 9 august". brasovfans.ro. 2010-10-10. Retrieved 2011-05-21.
- "Gabi Stan, noul antrenor al echipei Unirea Alba Iulia". vestic.ro. 2011-02-25. Retrieved 2011-06-06.
- "INTERVIU/ Gabi Stan, antrenor la Ursidos Chișinău:"O părticică din Zimbru a rămas în sufletul meu"". adevarul.ro. 2011-05-03. Retrieved 2011-05-23.
Nu e la fel, fiindcă Alba Iulia se situa în partea inferioară a clasamentului şi obiectivul era evitarea retrogradării.
- "ŞOC la Alba-Iulia Stan a demisionat!". liga2.ro. 2011-04-20. Retrieved 2011-05-21.
- "Gabi Stan şi-a dat demisia de la Unirea Alba Iulia". gsp.ro. 2011-04-20. Retrieved 2011-05-23.
După disputarea a 22 de etape din Seria a II-a a Ligii secunde, Unirea Alba Iulia ocupă locul 14, cu 20 de puncte.
- "Gabi Stan, antrenor la Chişinău!". gsp.com. 2011-04-28. Retrieved 2011-05-21.
- "Summary - Divizia A - Moldova". soccerway.com. 2011-06-04. Retrieved 2012-02-25.
- "FC Ursidos, FC Dinamo-Auto, CF Intersport-Aroma nu au primit licența națională". moldfootball.com. 2011-06-22. Retrieved 2012-02-25.
- "EXCLUSIV. Gabi Stan: "Luni am fost numit oficial antrenorul principal al echipei Milsami-Ursidos"". moldfootball.com. 2011-08-03. Retrieved 2012-02-25.
- "Gabi Stan a decis să părăsească formaţia Milsami-Ursidos". publika.md. 2011-11-30. Retrieved 2012-02-25.
- "Gabi Stan nu revine la Zimbru". publika.md. 2010-11-22. Retrieved 2011-05-21.
Tehnicianul român a mai declarat [...] că este gata să antreneze fără bani două echipe, FC Braşov şi Zimbru, care sunt şi echipele lui de suflet.
- Gabriel Stan at Scouting-Team.com