Gabriela, giros del destino
|Gabriela, giros del destino|
|Genre||Telenovela / Drama|
|Directed by||Daniel Bautista
Juan Carlos Delgado
John Álex Toro
|Opening theme||Tema de Gabriela, giros del destino (Carolina Gaitán)|
|Composer(s)||Irene Salamanca and Alejandro Escallón|
|Country of origin||Colombia|
|No. of episodes||120 x 1 h|
|Executive producer(s)||Mauricio Ruiz|
|Producer(s)||Juan Carlos Villamizar|
|Location(s)||Bogotá, Cartagena de Indias|
|Running time||42 minutes|
|Original network||Caracol TV|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Original release||July 1, 2009– May 8, 2010|
|Preceded by||La quiero a morir|
Gabriela, Destiny rounds Gabriela Rueda (Carolina Gaitán) is a 23-year-old woman from a middle class background, passionate for skating, dreaming of becoming successful in that sport. Pablo Córdoba (Andrés Toro) belongs to a rich family, being son of Efraín (Luis Fernando Múnera), the owner of Malterías Tropical, a big beverage company, living as a womanizer, with nothing to worry about.
Their paths cross each other in the worst way. Gabriela travels to Cartagena, seeking to qualify for the Colombia's national roller skating team. When she is training, Pablo, driving his car after having an argument with his girlfriend Martina (Fiona Horsey), knocks Gabriela down. Pablo takes Gabriela to the hospital, but when he was to be questioned by the police, his family lawyer asks him to leave for the United States. Gabriela, who does not know who knocked her down, recovers but is told that she will never be able to skate again, ruining her dreams of becoming a professional skater, but will later be able to skate.
Six months later, Pablo comes back to Colombia, set to become the manager of the company his father runs. But Efraín decides to make Pablo to work for his company as a common employee for one year, hiding his true origins. Gabriela manages to get a job at Malterías Tropical, where her neighbour Ernesto Zárate (John Álex Toro), who is interested in her, works as an executive. Meanwhile, Verónica Maldonado (Carolina Sepúlveda), who also happened to work at the factory, knows who Pablo really is and feels attracted to him. Pablo tries to vindicate himself with Gabriela, but, unable to tell her he was who knocked her down in Cartagena, ends falling in love with her.
- "Vea quién le pone ritmo a esta historia" (in Spanish). Caracol TV. 2009-07-10. Archived from the original on 2009-07-15. Retrieved 2009-07-16.
- Though the telenovela is broadcast in Colombia in standard definition, all Caracol TV telenovelas have been taped in high definition since 2006. See (in Spanish) Leonardo Gómez Jiménez, Telenovelas y noticias de Caracol en alta definición, Conexionista, 23 February 2009
- "El 2009, un año lleno de sorpresas para los televidentes de Caracol" (in Spanish). Caracol TV. 2008-12-31. Archived from the original on 2009-08-23. Retrieved 2009-07-10.
- "Carolina Gaitán es Gabriela Rueda". Gabriela, giros del destino (in Spanish). Caracol TV. Archived from the original on 2009-07-05. Retrieved 2009-07-10.
- (in Spanish) Official website
- (in Spanish) (in English) Gabriela, giros del destino on the Caracol TV International catalogue
- Gabriela, giros del destino on IMDb