University of Chieti-Pescara
|Università degli Studi "G. d'Annunzio" Chieti-Pescara|
|Rector||Prof. Carmine Di Ilio|
|Location||Chieti and Pescara, Italy|
|Sports teams||CUS Chieti|
The "G. d'Annunzio" University of Chieti-Pescara (Italian: Università degli Studi "G. d'Annunzio" Chieti-Pescara) is a university located in the neighbouring cities of Chieti and Pescara. It was founded in 1960 and is organised in 12 Faculties. Student enrolment at the University is currently in excess of 29,000.
The "G. d'Annunzio" University derives its name from its most celebrated international literary figure, Gabriele d'Annunzio. It was first instituted as an independent university in 1960, it was located in the medieval township of Chieti and comprised only few faculties. In 1982 it gained the status of national university and has grown and is continuing to grow exponentially since then.
Besides its faculties, nationally and internationally acclaimed facilities also constitute part of the University: the Center of Excellence for Aging Sciences (Ce.S.I.); the Institute of Advanced Biomedical Technologies (ITAB); the Center for Continuing Education (CEDUC); the "G. d'Annunzio" University Foundation; and the Leonardo da Vinci On-line Distance University.
A University with a high scientific-technological profile despite its young history. Leading the way with structures, equipment and training courses in the ongoing academic year counts 36,000 students.
The University is spread over two main campuses, Chieti and Pescara. Chieti is a medieval hill town of approximately 30,000, studded with Roman ruins. Pescara is a contemporary seaside town with a commercial port, international airport, yacht club, sea link service to the nearby Balkan nations and it is the commercial hub of the Abruzzo region.
The main campus of the University, the Chieti Campus, is located in Chieti Scalo. This campus includes the Chancellor's Office, Central Administration buildings and Faculties of Medicine, Pharmacy, Arts and Philosophy, Dentistry, Psychology, Social Sciences and Mathematics, Physics and Natural Sciences. The Faculty of Sports Medicine is near the campus, to the CIAPI, Viale Abruzzo. This campus is a short metropolitan bus ride or car trip from the Chieti city centre. Students who are enroled in faculties at the Chieti Campus, and who are not of the environs, can either elect to live in Chieti Scalo or in the historical town centre of Chieti.
The Pescara Campus is located within the City of Pescara, on its outskirts, only a couple kilometres from the centre. The Architecture, Economics, Management and Modern Languages Faculties can be found on this campus. It is of particular appeal to young adults because of its location by the sea and the night life it offers. Many students who live in Chieti and Chieti Scalo make Pescara a part of their social network.
|CENSIS-La Repubblica (state large-sized universities)
|Il Sole 24 Ore (state universities)
These are the 12 faculties in which the university is divided into:
- Faculty of Architecture
- Faculty of Economics
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Exercise and Sport Sciences
- Faculty of Foreign Languages and Literatures
- Faculty of Letters and Philosophy
- Faculty of Management
- Faculty of Mathematical, Physical and Natural Sciences
- Faculty of Medicine and Surgery
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Psychology
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- "The University: Università degli Studi 'G. d'Annunzio' Chieti e Pescara". Unich.it. Retrieved 2012-04-17.
- "Classifica completa Censis delle Università italiane 2014/2015". Classifica completa Censis delle Università italiane 2014/2015 (in Italian). Retrieved 7 August 2015.
- "La classifica delle migliori università italiane - Edizione 2015". Il Sole 24 Ore (in Italian). Retrieved 7 August 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to University of Chieti-Pescara.|
- G. d'Annunzio University of Chieti-Pescara website; accessed 30 March 2014 (Italian) (English)
- Quaderno di storia, architettura, restauro architectural magazine; accessed 30 March 2014.