Gabriele del Grande
Gabriele del Grande (* 1982 in Lucca) is an Italian journalist, blogger, writer and human rights activist. In Europe, he is one of the leading human rights defenders in the area of illegal immigrants to Italy and to Europe.
In 2006, he founded the Forum Fortress Europe, a forum dedicated to the problem of illegal immigrants and unique in Europe. Since 2007 he has also been active on the routes of people from various countries whose fate he pursued. He visited Turkey, Greece, Tunisia, Morocco and the associated Western Sahara, Mauritania, Mali and Senegal. In Libya, he visited a prison for refugees in Zliten, where he reported on the inhuman treatment of the internally displaced refugees, some of whom were also ill-treated and tortured.
In 2007, his first book was published. He also wrote a report about the homeless in Rome (Roma senza fissa dimora - Rome from the point of view of the homeless).
Del Grande lives in Rome and works for the news agency redattore sociale.
In 2014 he was one of the co-authors and co-directors of the semi-documentary Io sto con la sposa, which won a special prize at the Venice International Film Festival in 2014.
- Mamadou va a morire : la strage dei clandestini nel Mediterraneo. Roma : Infinito, 2007
- Mamadous Fahrt in den Tod. Die Tragödie der irregulären Migranten im Mittelmeer. Von-Loeper, Karlsruhe, 2011
- Roma senza fissa dimora. Roma, Infinito 2009
- Il mare di mezzo. Roma, Infinito, 2009
- Das Meer zwischen uns. Flucht und Migration in Zeiten der Abschottung. Von-Loeper, Karlsruhe, 2011
- premio Santa Marinella, 2007
- Pro-Asyl-Menschenrechtspreis, 2010
- Prix Caritas, 2015 (Switzerland)
- Jakob, Christian (11 April 2017). "Pressefreiheit in der Türkei: Italienischer Journalist festgenommen" – via www.taz.de.
- "Turchia, fermato il documentarista Gabriele Del Grande al confine con la Siria". 10 April 2017.
- "Turkey releases Italian journalist Gabriele Del Grande after 14 days in prison". 24 April 2017.
- "Gabriele Del Grande fermato in Turchia, la moglie: "Noi tutti ti aspettiamo" - Agenzia giornalistica". www.agenzia.redattoresociale.it.
- "Prix Caritas - Caritas Schweiz". CARITAS.