Gabriella Giorgelli, 1973
29 July 1941|
Gabriella Giorgelli (born 29 July 1941) is an Italian film and television actress. She appeared in more than 70 films between 1960 and 1998.
Born in Fossola, a frazione of Carrara, Giorgelli was the daughter of a businessman in the marble industry and a housewife. As a child her parents split and she moved to Castelpoggio, another Carrara's frazione and her mother's birthplace. Because of her mother's economic difficulties, at ten years old Giorgelli was entrusted to the college of the Sisters of Capulet, in Carrara. At fifteen years old she started to work, including as a pizza chef and a bartender.
After winning several local and regional beauty contests, in 1961 she was among the finalists of Miss Italia, and thanks to her participation to the popular beauty pageant she started to attract a significant media attention, that allowed her to get more weighty film roles.
After appearing in several art films, in the late 1960s Giorgelli landed some leading roles in B-movies, mainly consisting of Spaghetti Westerns and Commedia sexy all'italiana films spoofing Pier Paolo Pasolini's The Decameron, that she alternated with supporting roles in more prestigious and high-profile productions. She was also active in a number of series and TV-movies.
- Arturo's Island (1962)
- La commare secca (1962)
- The Organizer (1963)
- Shivers in Summer (1963)
- Outlaws of Love (1963)
- Bebo's Girl (1963)
- La ragazzola (1965)
- Stranger in Sacramento (1965)
- The Dirty Game (1965)
- El Greco (1966)
- Long Days of Vengeance (1967)
- On My Way to the Crusades, I Met a Girl Who... (1967)
- I 2 deputati (1968)
- Brutti di notte (1968)
- Emma Hamilton (1968)
- In Search of Gregory (1969)
- Shango (1970)
- Rough Justice (1970)
- Il clan dei due Borsalini (1971)
- Seven Blood-Stained Orchids (1972)
- Life Is Tough, Eh Providence? (1972)
- Ubalda, All Naked and Warm (1972)
- Io e lui (1973)
- The Police Serve the Citizens? (1973)
- Those Dirty Dogs (1973)
- Il lumacone (1974)
- The Beast (1974)
- La moglie vergine (1975)
- Confessions of a Frustrated Housewife (1976)
- And Agnes Chose to Die (1976)
- The Cynic, the Rat and the Fist (1977)
- Three Tigers Against Three Tigers (1977)
- Target (1979)
- City of Women (1980)
- Delitto sull'autostrada (1982)
- Hercules (1983)
- A Tale of Love (1986)
- Moving Target (1988)
- The Wax Mask (1997)
- "L'amarcord di Gabriella Da Carrara a Cinecittà, la carriera di un'attrice". Il Tirreno. 7 November 2000. Retrieved 10 November 2015.
- Enrico Lancia, Roberto Poppi. Dizionario del cinema italiano, Le Attrici. Gremese Editore, 2003. ISBN 888440214X.
|This article about an Italian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|