|Full name||Gabrielsen Natatorium|
|City||Athens, Georgia, USA|
|Home club(s)||Georgia Bulldogs swimming and diving|
Gabrielsen Natatorium is a swimming and diving facility at the University of Georgia (UGA) in Athens, Georgia, U.S.A. The natatorium is home to the university's varsity swimming and diving programs and seats almost 2,000 spectators.
The facility was dedicated in 1996 and is named after B.W. Gabrielsen, the head coach of the team from 1948 to 1966. In 1999 and 2006, the pool hosted the NCAA Women's Swimming and Diving Championships. The pool also hosted the NCAA Men's Swimming and Diving Championships in 2002 and the USA Diving World Championship Trials in 2003.
The natatorium is housed within the Ramsey Center, the student physical activity center at UGA. The natatorium has three separate pools: a 50-meter competition pool (844,000 gallons of water) with two movable bulkheads; a diving pool (525,000 gallons of water) with two 1-meter springboards, two 3-meter springboards, five diving platforms (1, 3, 5, 7.5 and 10-meters), and an air sparger system; an instructional and recreational pool (130,000 gallons of water) that is 25-yards long with eight swimming lanes.
- Hannon, Shane (March 17, 1999). "Natatorium getting facelift for finals". Athens Banner-Herald. Morris Communications. Retrieved 2008-03-24.
- "Auburn edges Georgia, thanks to Arizona record". Associated Press. March 19, 2006. Retrieved 2008-03-24.
- Tomayko, Dan (March 28, 2002). "Dawgs prepare for big swim". The Red and Black. The Red and Black Publishing Company. Archived from the original on January 4, 2013. Retrieved 2008-03-24.
- Servizzi, Kelli (March 10, 2003). "USA Diving Returns to Gabrielson Natatorium, University of Georgia for World Championship Trials". USA Diving. Archived from the original on 2005-02-14. Retrieved 2008-03-24.
- Cherian, Paul (August 9, 2007). "Ramsey delivers for fitness fanatics". The Red and Black. The Red and Black Publishing Company. Archived from the original on July 10, 2007. Retrieved 2008-03-24.
- Official Georgia Bulldogs facilities page for Gabrielsen Natatorium
- University of Georgia Athletics UGA official Athletic dept
- GeorgiaDogs.com official UGA sports site
|This article about a sports venue in the state of Georgia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This University of Georgia–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|