Gael Linn Cup 1979
|Gael Linn Cup winners|
|Winners||Leinster (14th title)|
|Gael Linn Cup Runners-up|
The 1979 Gael Linn Cup, the most important representative competition for elite level participants in the women's team field sport of camogie, was won by Leinster, who defeated Munster in the final, played at Mobhi Road .
Leinster defeated Ulster 4–6 to 0–1 at Russell Park, Blanchardstown. Munster defeated Connacht 4–8 to 0–2. Leinster defeated Munster 1–5 to 0–4 on a wet and cold day at Athboy., where the match was staged to celebrate the 75th anniversary of camogie.
Gael Linn Trophy
Munster defeated Connacht by one point in the trophy semi-final at Páirc Uí Chaoimh, Ulster defeated Leinster at Russell Park by 5–2 to 1–2. Ulster defeated Munster by 0–4 to 1–0 in the final.
- Moran, Mary (2011). A Game of Our Own: The History of Camogie. Dublin, Ireland: Cumann Camógaíochta. p. 460. 978-1-908591-00-5
- Gael Linn Cup on Camogie.ie
- Report of final in Irish Press, 29 October 1979
- Report of final in Irish Independent, 29 October 1979
- Report of final in Irish Times, 29 October 1979
- Report of final in Irish Examiner, 29 October 1979
- Report of final in Irish News, 29 October 1979
Gael Linn Cup 1978
|Gael Linn Cup
1954 – present
Gael Linn Cup 1980