Gaetano Matteo Monti
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
He studied in Bologna and Rome and then moved to Milan, where he worked on Milan Cathedral (Duomo de Milano) and the Arco della Pace with a similarly named Milanese sculptor, Gaetano Monti (1750–1827).
- Tomb of Count Paolo Tosio, Vantiniano Cemetery, Brescia 1842
- Bust of Countess Maria Laderchi of Faenza,).
- Bust of Ambrogio Calepino ca. 1839
- Monuments to Giuseppe Parini and Giuseppe Zanoja in Pinacoteca di Brera
- Tomb of Bishop Gabrio Maria Nava, Duomo of Brescia,
- Moses Fountain, at the Sacro Monte in Varese
- Tomb of Bishop Gabrio Maria Nava in Duomo of Brescia,
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gaetano Monti.|
- Italian Memorial Sculpture, 1820-1940: A Legacy of Love By Sandra Berresford
- Rupert Gunnis, Dictionary of British Sculptors 1660–1851, 1951
- Italian Memorial Sculpture, 1820–1940: A Legacy of Love By Sandra Berresford
|This article about an Italian sculptor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|