|• Total||401.16 km2 (154.89 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,100/km2 (2,800/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+6 (BST)|
Gafargaon is located at. It has 73,130 households and total area 401.16 km².
According to the 2011 Bangladesh census, Gafargaon had a population of 430,746. Males constituted 48.90% of the population and females 51.10%. Muslims formed 98.49% of the population, Hindus 1.43% and others 0.08%. Gafargaon had a literacy rate of 49.26% for the population 7 years and above.
As of the 1991 Bangladesh census, Gafargaon has a population of 379,803. Males constitute 51.04% of the population, and females 48.96%. This Upazila's eighteen up population is 184,633. Gafargaon has an average literacy rate of 90.3% (7+ years), and the national average of 70.4% literate.
Gafargaon has a municipality, 2 police stations, 15 Unions/Wards, 203 Mauzas/Mahallas, and 218 villages. One of the most prominent union is Gafargaon . Lots of great people born in this area contributed enormously for its development. There are beautiful villages in the bank of the river Brahmmaputra including the village Basia,Tetulia,Panchpai,Dugachia. If you like to feel the nature please come and visit Gafargaon. The police stations (thana) are Gafargaon and Pagla. Pagla thana was established in 2012.
Gafargaon Islamia Govt. High School The Gafargaon Islamia Govt . High School is a well known Secondary School listed in Secondary School category,established 1906.Gafargaon Islamia Govt High school is situated at Gafargaon, Bangladesh.The geographical coordinates of Gafargaon Islamia Govt.High School are 24°27'25.83" North, 90°32'55.4" East.
EIIN Code: 111523
Students: Around 2000-2500
Khairullah Govt. Girls High School
Another Govt. school at Gafargaon mainly for girls,established 1941.It's situated at Gafargaon,near Shahid Belal Plaza(well known shopping complex).Some useful information:
School Code : 7526
Centre Code: (JSC): 493
EIIN Code: 111528
'Child Care Model Academy' is a well known kindergarten school in Gafargaon.
Datter Bazar Union Higher Secondary School founded 1966.
Patlasi Government Primary School, Gafargaon, Mymensingh.
- Upazilas of Bangladesh
- Districts of Bangladesh
- Divisions of Bangladesh
- Narayanganj-Bahadurabad Ghat Line
- Kader, Shafiqul (2012). "Gaffargaon Upazila". In Islam, Sirajul; Jamal, Ahmed A. (eds.). Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.). Asiatic Society of Bangladesh.
- "Bangladesh Population and Housing Census 2011: Zila Report – Mymensingh" (PDF). Table P01 : Household and Population by Sex and Residence, Table P05 : Population by Religion, Age group and Residence, Table P09 : Literacy of Population 7 Years & Above by Religion, Sex and Residence. Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics (BBS), Ministry of Planning, Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh. Retrieved 14 December 2018.
- "Population Census Wing, BBS". Archived from the original on 2005-03-27. Retrieved November 10, 2006.
- Begum, Dilruba (2012). "Jabbar, Abdul". In Islam, Sirajul; Jamal, Ahmed A. (eds.). Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.). Asiatic Society of Bangladesh.
|This Mymensingh Division location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|