|• Total||812.3221 km2 (313.6393 sq mi)|
|• Land||767.1521 km2 (296.1991 sq mi)|
|• Water||45.17 km2 (17.44 sq mi)|
|Area as of January 1, 2014.|
|Population (March 31, 2016)|
|• Density||12/km2 (32/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|ISO 3166 code||SE|
|Density is calculated using land area only.|
Gagnef Municipality (Gagnefs kommun) is a municipality in Dalarna County in central Sweden. Its seat is located in the town of Djurås with 2,257 inhabitants, with the largest town being Mockfjärd with 2365 inhabitants.
In 1971 "old" Gagnef was amalgamated with Floda, forming the present municipality.
The industry is dominated by small and semi-small companies mainly operating in the forest industry.
Government and politics
Distribution of the 35 seats in the municipal council after the 2010 election:
- Social Democratic Party 12
- Centre Party 12
- Moderate Party 5
- Green Party 2
- Christian Democrats 2
- Sweden Democrats 1
- Liberal People's Party 1
Results of the Swedish general election, 2010 in Gagnef:
- Social Democratic Party 34.9%
- Moderate Party 23.7%
- Centre Party 12.3%
- Sweden Democrats 7.3%
- Green Party 6.1%
- Christian Democrats 5.7%
- Left Party 5.0%
- Liberal People's Party 4.1%
- "Statistiska centralbyrån, Kommunarealer den 1 januari 2014" (Microsoft Excel) (in Swedish). Statistics Sweden. Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- "Folkmängd i riket, län och kommuner 31 mars 2016" (in Swedish). Statistics Sweden. May 12, 2016. Retrieved May 14, 2016.
- Gagnef Municipality – Official site
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gagnef Municipality.|