Gaillardia aristata is a North American species of flowering plants in the sunflower family known by the common names common blanketflower and common gaillardia. This perennial wildflower is widespread across much of North America, from Yukon east to Québec and south as far as California, Arizona, Illinois, and Connecticut, although it may be naturalized rather than native in parts of that range. It is also naturalized in scattered locations in Europe, Australia, and South America.
Gaillardia aristata grows in many habitats. It is a perennial herb reaching maximum heights of anywhere between 20–70 centimetres (7.9–27.6 in). It has lance-shaped leaves near the base and several erect, naked stems holding the flowers. 
Each flower head has a center of brownish or reddish purple disc florets and a fringe of ray florets which are about one to three centimeters (0.4-1.2 inches) long and yellow to reddish with dark bases.
- Tropicos, Gaillardia aristata Pursh
- The Plant List, Gaillardia aristata Pursh
- Calflora taxon report, University of California, Gaillardia aristata Pursh, Blanketflower, common Indian blanket, common gaillardia
- Biota of North America Program 2014 state-level distribution map green indicates native; teal or blue-green signifies introduced
- Discover Life, Gaillardia aristata Pursh
- Flora of North America, Gaillardia aristata Pursh, 1813.
- Hunn, Eugene S. (1990). Nch'i-Wana, "The Big River": Mid-Columbia Indians and Their Land. University of Washington Press. p. 353. ISBN 0-295-97119-3.
- Perennial Resource, where perennial lovers go for good dirt, Gaillardia aristata 'Arizona Sun'
- Media related to Gaillardia aristata at Wikimedia Commons
- Data related to Gaillardia aristata at Wikispecies
- Jepson Manual Treatment - Gaillardia aristata
- United States Department of Agriculture Plants Profile
- Calphotos Photo gallery, University of California
- United States Department of Agriculture, National Forest Service, Plant of the Week, Blanketflower (Gaillardia aristata)
- Minnesota Wildflowers, Gaillardia aristata (Blanketflower)
|This Asteroideae article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|