|Release date(s)||Xbox 360
|Genre(s)||Bishōjo game, Rail shooter|
Gal*Gun (ぎゃる☆がん Gyaru Gan?) is a Japanese rail shooter Bishōjo game developed by Inti Creates and published by Alchemist, and released in Japan on January 27, 2011. Originally only for the Xbox 360, a PlayStation 3 port with additional characters and PlayStation Move support was released on February 23, 2012.
Tenzou, the protagonist, is a student who is accidentally shot with several Cupid Arrows by an apprentice angel, Patako. The blessing from the arrows makes Tenzou irresistible to the opposite sex, transforming him into the most popular boy in school for one day.
The catch is if Tenzou is unable to find his true love before the effects of the Cupid Arrow wear off, he’ll be destined for a life of loneliness.
Gal Gun is a rail shooter, with the player walking through the school - As girl after girl runs towards the player trying to profess their love via hand-written notes or screams. Armed with "pheromone shots", the player keeps the girls at bay by shooting them - making them drop to the floor in dizzy ecstasy - while trying to cultivate a romance with one of the four main female leads.
The shooting is broken up by "action events" similar to that of a boss battle, as well as a doki doki mode ("heart pounding" in English) where the player has the option to zoom in and stare at one particular girl he fancied.
The developer also added a panic button that switches the action for a retro-looking game, with authentic animations and sounds. This is referred to as a Mama kita gamen or "Mom arrived screen".
Xbox 360 downloadable contents
- Apprentice angel Narikiri set: changes heroines' costumes to apprentice angel costumes.
- Sengoku maid cafe Mononobu (400MSP): replaces girls' costumes with Sengoku maid cafe & bar Mononobu uniforms.
- Underwater mode (800MSP): Girls wearing swimsuits and goggles. Characters move in slow speed.
- Umineko no naku koro ni sisters set (400MSP): replaces girls' costumes with The Seven Sisters' costumes from When They Cry 3 game.
- Otome ha Boku ni Koishiteru Seio Girls' Academy uniform (400MSP): replaces girls' costumes with Seio Girls' Academy uniform in Otome ha Boku ni Koishiteru Portable.
- Private swimsuit set (800MSP): replaces heroines' costumes with swimsuits.
- Panties Protect Patch (2011-03-18): The camera control patch adjusted the camera so that player's camera cannot be aimed lower than skirt's hemline. It also adds 5 extra game routes for the underwater game mode, including all stages route and 4 heroine-specific routes. This patch is included for retail versions of the game sold after 2011-03-18. Not included in the PlayStation 3 version.
- Premium theme (240MSP): A set of 10 wallpapers including 4 heroines and angel Patako with 2 poses each.
- Heroine collections (80MSP): Includes 4 heroines and angel Patako (1 per character).
- Kaname Nonomiya set (80MSP): A set of 5 icons.
- Akira Hibuki set (80MSP): A set of 5 icons.
- Kaoruko Sakurazaki set (80MSP): A set of 5 icons.
- Aoi Uno set (80MSP): A set of 5 icons.
- Patako set (80MSP): A set of 5 icons.
- 1-A class set (160MSP each): A set of 10 icons per character (10 characters total).
- 1-B class set (160MSP each): A set of 10 icons per character (10 characters total).
- 2-A class set (160MSP each): A set of 10 icons per character (10 characters total).
- 2-B class set (160MSP each): A set of 10 icons per character (10 characters total).
- 3-A class set (160MSP each): A set of 10 icons per character (10 characters total).
- 3-B class set (160MSP each): A set of 10 icons per character (10 characters total).
- Special set (160MSP each): A set of 10 icons per character (10 characters total, including staff member, 2 LoveHearts characters, SP, kidnapper).
PlayStation 3 version
New features include:
- Patako and Ekoro versions of doki doki mode.
- Improved graphics, including depth of view
- Total 423 panties designs
- 2 new normal girl types for total of 68 girls
- new background music at stage 5
- New panic screen
- new paranoia game mode
- new opening movie and music (ILLUMINATION LOVE)
- PlayStation Move support
- Score attack mode
- Doki Doki carnival mode
- Expanded changing room
- Gallery mode to unlock 146 extra features (including Apprentice angel Narikiri set, Private swimsuit set, Sengoku maid cafe & bar Mononobu set, Umineko no naku koro ni sisters set, underwater goggle mode, happy button panty decor)
PlayStation 3 downloadable contents
- Pinafore set (free): replaces regular girls' costumes with Maidcafe Pinafore uniform. Obtained via a download code from Maidcafe Pinafore opening event.
- Burunyan-man set (630/400yen): replaces girls' costumes with catgirl costumes from Soreike! Burunyan-man Portable video game (Burunyan-man uniform, Burunyan-man cat ear, tuna can).
- Sukunyan-man set (630/400yen): Same as Burunyan-man DLC, but used for underwater mode (Sukunyan-man uniform, Sukunyan-man cat ear, opened tuna can).
- Nurse set (750/500yen): replaces regular girls' costumes with nurse uniform (nurse suit with garter belt, nurse cap, clipboard).
- China set (750/500yen): replaces regular girls' costumes with cheongsam (China dress, panda doll, Chinese bun in steam cage).
- Bunny girl set (750/500yen): replaces regular girls' costumes with bunny girl suit (bunny suit, bunny ear, bunny love letter).
- Apron set (1050/700yen): replaces regular girls' costumes with aprons (dangerous apron, whipped cream, raw cream cake).
- Bikini set (1050/700yen): replaces regular girls' costumes with bikini swimsuits (bikini swimsuit, flower bracelet, tropical drink).
- Gymnastics suit (2013-06-20, 400yen): replaces angel Patako and Eroko's costumes with gymnastics uniform (gymnastics bloomer).
- School swimsuit (2013-06-20, 400yen): replaces angel Patako and Eroko's costumes with school swimsuit (school swimsuit).
- Suspender instructor set (2013-06-27, 400yen): replaces regular girls' costumes with suspender instructor uniform (suspender instructor suit, instructor hat, secret document).
- Devil set (2013-07-05, 400yen): replaces regular girls' costumes with devil uniform (devil's suit, devil's horn, devil's contract).
- Costume set 01 (1980/1200yen): compilation of nurse, China, bunny girl sets.
- Costume set 02 (1980/1200yen): compilation of apron, bikini sets.
- Costume set 03 (2800yen): compilation of Burunyan-man, Sukunyan-man, Nurse, China, bunny girl, apron, bikini sets.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (February 2011)|
A sequel, Gal*Gun Double Peace, was released in Japan for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita on August 6, 2015. Noting the praise of the first game received from players outside Japan, Inti Creates have announced plans to release Double Peace internationally.
Mighty Gunvolt, an 8-bit styled spin-off of Inti Creates' other title, Azure Striker Gunvolt, features Ekoro from Gal*Gun as a playable character. The game was originally released for the Nintendo 3DS in August 2014, while a PlayStation 4 and Vita port, titled Gal Gunvolt, was released on August 6, 2015 to coincide with the release of Double Peace.
- "Gal*Gun Info Page". Gamespot.
- "Pheromone Shooter Gal Gun Comes to PS3 with Move Support". andriasang. Retrieved 31 August 2011.
- "Gal Gun: Double Peace PS4 and PS Vita differences outlined". Gematsu.
- "Gal Gun: Double Peace Is Getting A Worldwide Release". Siliconera.
- "Schoolgirl Shooter Gal Gun Coming to Xbox 360 in January". 1UP.com. Retrieved 17 February 2011.
- "Gal Gun Has a Panic Screen". andriasang.com. Archived from the original on December 31, 2010. Retrieved 23 January 2015.
- Michael McWhertor. "There's A New Wrinkle In Japanese Schoolgirl Game Gal Gun's Panty Shot Drama". Kotaku. Gawker Media.
- Michael McWhertor. "This Is The New, Censored Version Of Schoolgirl Shoot 'em Up Gal Gun". Kotaku. Gawker Media.
- "Pheromone Shooter Gal Gun Comes to PS3 with Move Support". Andriasang.
- "Gal Gun: Double Peace Trailer Shows How You’ll Win The Hearts Of Dozens Of Girls". Siliconera.
- "Gal Gunvolt Electrifies PS4 And Vita With Retro Beck". Siliconera.