Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up gala in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Gala may refer to:
Events and festivities
- A festival
- Swimming gala, an amateur swimming competition, often known as a swimming carnival in Australia.
Fiction, film and gaming
- Gala, protagonist of the Legend of Legaia video game
- Gala Brand, a fictional character of Ian Fleming's James Bond series novel, Moonraker (did not appear in the film version)
- Gala (game)
- Gala Rizzatto, known as Gala, an Italian singer/songwriter whose hits include "Freed from Desire" (1997) and "Come into My Life" (1997)
- GALA Choruses, an association of LGBT choral groups
- Gala, The Walker Brothers
- Gala, James Last
- Gala (album), a compilation album by the English alternative rock band Lush
Organizations and brands
- Gala (magazine), a French magazine
- GALA (Gay and Lesbian Acceptance), a Missouri non-profit organization for LGBT individuals connected with the Community of Christ
- "Gala", the nickname of Galatasaray S.K., a football club in Turkey (although this nickname has never been used in Turkey, originating in European urban legend)
- Gala (supermarket), an Irish convenience store chain
- Gala Inc., a pure holding company that administers 'GALA Group' which is in the online gaming industry.
- Gala Coral Group, a betting shop (Coral) and bingo hall (Gala Bingo) operator based in the United Kingdom
- Gala RFC, a rugby club in Galashiels, Scotland
- Gala TV, the television channel produced by Gala Bingo
- Gala (King of the Massylii), King of the Massylii of eastern Numidia
- Gala Dalí (1894–1982), the wife of French poet Paul Éluard and Catalan painter Salvador Dalí
- Gala Videnović (born 1969), Serbian actress
- Antonio Gala (b. 1936), Spanish poet and novelist
- Gabe Gala (b. 1989), Nigerian-born Canadian soccer player
- Rosa Gala (born 1995), Angolan basketball player
- Gala, Iran, a village in East Azerbaijan Province, Iran
- Gala, Tibet, a village
- A contraction of Galashiels, a Border town in Scotland
- "Gala" (γάλα), a Greek word meaning "milk". (See also Milky Way and Galaxy etymology.)
- GALA (Graduated Audio Level Adjustment), using the speed pulse of the vehicle speed sensor (VSS) to adjust the volume in a car audio head unit
- Gala (priests), the lamenting priests of the Sumerian goddess Inanna
- Galah, a cockatoo native to Australia
- Galla Placidia, Roman empress, daughter of Emperor Theodosius the Great.
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Gala.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.