From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up gala in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Gala may refer to:
Events and festivities
- A festival
- A swimming gala is a British/South African term for an amateur swimming competition, often known as a swimming carnival in Australia.
Fiction, film and gaming
- Gala, protagonist of the Legend of Legaia video game
- Gala Brand, a fictional character of Ian Fleming's James Bond series novel, Moonraker (did not appear in the film version)
- Gala Rizzatto, known as Gala, an Italian singer/songwriter whose hits include "Freed from Desire" (1997) and "Come into My Life" (1997)
- GALA Choruses, an association of LGBT choral groups
- Gala, The Walker Brothers
- Gala, James Last
- Gala (album), a compilation album by the English alternative rock band Lush
Names, organizations, and brands
- Gala (magazine), a French magazine
- GALA (Gay and Lesbian Acceptance), a Missouri non-profit organization for LGBT individuals connected with the Community of Christ
- "Gala", the nickname of Galatasaray S.K., a football club in Turkey (although this nickname has never been used in Turkey, originating in European urban legend)
- Gala (supermarket), an Irish convenience store chain
- Gala Inc., a pure holding company that administers 'GALA Group' which is in the online gaming industry.
- Gala Coral Group, a betting shop (Coral) and bingo hall (Gala Bingo) operator based in the United Kingdom
- Gala RFC, a rugby club in Galashiels, Scotland
- Gala TV, the television channel produced by Gala Bingo
- Antonio Gala (b. 1936), Spanish poet and novelist
- Gabe Gala (b. 1989), Nigerian-born Canadian soccer player
- Gala (King of the Massylii), King of the Massylii of eastern Numidia
- Gala Dalí (1894–1982), the wife of French poet Paul Éluard and Catalan painter Salvador Dalí
- Gala Montes de Oca, Mexican teen actress and model.
- Gala, Iran, a village in East Azerbaijan Province, Iran
- Gala, Tibet, a village
- A contraction of Galashiels, a Border town in Scotland
- Gala, a Greek word (γάλα)[clarification needed] meaning "milk". (See also Milky Way and Galaxy etymology.)
- GALA (Graduated Audio Level Adjustment), using the speed pulse of the vehicle speed sensor (VSS) to adjust the volume in a car audio head unit
- Gala (priests), the lamenting priests of the Sumerian goddess Inanna
- Galah, a cockatoo native to Australia
- Galla Placidia, Roman empress, daughter of Emperor Theodosius the Great.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Gala.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.