|Galapagos Genomics NV|
|Traded as||Euronext: GLPG|
|Onno van de Stolpe (CEO), Raj Parekh (Chairman)|
|Products||filgotinib; GLPG1205; GLPG0778|
|Revenue||€151.6 million (2016)|
|€54.0 million (2016)|
|Total assets||€1,083 million (end 2016)|
|Total equity||€758.7 million (end 2016)|
Number of employees
|508 (end 2016)|
Galapagos NV (formerly known as Galapagos Genomics) is a Belgo-Dutch pharmaceutical research company which was founded in 1999. Its headquarters are located in Mechelen and has additional locations in Leiden, Romainville, Basel and Zagreb. The CEO is the Dutchman Onno van de Stolpe.
Galapagos Genomics NV was founded in 1999 as a joint venture between Crucell and Tibotec. The company later changed its name to Galapagos NV and completed its initial public offering on Euronext Amsterdam and Euronext Brussels in May 2005.
The company uses a technological platform for its research, which is based on adenoviruses to introduce human gene sequences into a wide variety of human cell lines to knock-in or knock-down specific proteins.
Drugs currently under development
- Filgotinib (GLPG0634) a selective inhibitor of JAK1 (Janus kinase 1) being developed for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and potentially Crohn's disease.
- GLPG1205: a first-in-class GPR84-inhibitor currently under research for the treatment of inflammatory bowel disease.
- GLPG0778 and GLPG0555: a drug developed in alliance with GlaxoSmithKline and currently being researched as a treatment agenst systemic lupus erythematosus, psoriasis and ulcerative colitis.
- GLPG3221: a novel C2 corrector for cystic fibrosis. In November 2017, the company announced the initiation of a Phase 1 study.
- "Galapagos Annual Report 2016". Galapagos. Retrieved 27 March 2017.
- Todd Campbel (9 June 2016). "Why Galapagos NV Shares Soared 30.5% in May". The Motley Fool.
- "History". Galapagos.
- "Galapagos Genomics gaat zelf medicijnen ontwikkelen" [Galapagos Genomics to develop medicines themselves]. Het Nieuwsblad (in Dutch). 16 April 2005.
- "Galapagos NV (GLPG) Begins Phase 1 Study with Novel CF Corrector GLPG3221". StreetInsider.com. Retrieved 2017-12-14.