Galatasaray S.K. 7–0 Fenerbahçe S.K.
|Event||1910–11 Istanbul Football League|
|Date||06 November 1911|
|Venue||Union Clup Field, Istanbul|
Galatasaray SK started the match with only 6 players since their players could not cross the Bosphorus by ferry due to a heavy storm. Emin Bülent Serdaroğlu could join the Galatasaray team after the match started. Galatasaray SK played with 7 players ten minutes into the game. Fenerbahçe SK started the match with 10 players but finished the game with only 9 due to injuries. After the injury of Fenerbahçe's goalkeeper, a random student watching the game was substituted to replace him.
On 12 February 1911, Galatasaray SK achieved the team's highest Kıtalararası Derbi win beating Fenerbahçe SK 7-0 with only 7 players on the pitch. 4 goals were scored by Celal İbrahim, 2 by Emin Bülent Serdaroğlu and 1 goal was scored by Idris. It is still the highest goal difference in a football match between the two teams.
İdris, one of the goal scorers, was killed in Tripolitanian War in October 1911. Likewise, the other scorer Celal İbrahim, who was also called Kürt Celal, was killed in the defense of Baghdad on March 21, 1917.
12 February 1911
|Galatasaray||7 – 0||Fenerbahçe|
|Celal 9', 31', 49', 55'
Emin Bülent 62', 73'
- Futbol vol.2, 1910-11 Galatasaray şampiyon, B takımı ikinci. Tercüman Spor Ansiklopedisi.(1981) (page 555)
- Atabeyoğlu, Cem. Galatasaray' ın üçüncü şampiyonluğu. 1453-1991 Türk Spor Tarihi Ansiklopedisi. page(58).(1991) An Grafik Basın Sanayi ve Ticaret AŞ
- Dağlaroğlu, Rüştü. Fenerbahçe Spor Kulübü Tarihi 1907-1957. İstanbul Matbaası, 1957.
- Tuncay, Bülent (2002). Galatasaray Tarihi.page(308) Yapı Kredi Yayınları ISBN 975-08-0454-6
- Erdoğan Arıpınar; Tevfik Ünsi Artun, Cem Atabeyoğlu, Nurhan Aydın, Ergun Hiçyılmaz, Haluk San, Orhan Vedat Sevinçli, Vala Somalı (June 1992). Türk Futbol Tarihi (1904–1991), Page(31), Türkiye Futbol Federasyonu Yayınları.
- NTVMSNBC Website (Turkish)
- Hurriyet Newspaper Archive (Turkish)
- Zaman Newspaper Archive (Turkish)
- Bugün Newspaper Archive (Turkish)
- Tarihte bugün: Yedi kişiyle “Fenar bağçe”ye yedi gol (Turkish)
- Football Derbies
- Tarih: Türk futbolunun ilk şehidi, Galatasaraylı İdris (Turkish)
- Bir öykü: Galatasaray’ın neferi Şehit Celâl İbrahim (Turkish)