Galaxy (chocolate bar)
Galaxy is a chocolate bar, made and marketed by Mars, Incorporated, and first manufactured in the United Kingdom in the 1960s. Galaxy is sold in the United Kingdom, Ireland, the Middle East, Morocco, India, Pakistan, Egypt, Malta, and is also sold in the United States, Canada, Mexico and various Continental European countries as Dove. In 2014, Galaxy was ranked the second-best-selling chocolate bar in the UK, after Cadbury Dairy Milk.
The Galaxy and Dove brands cover a wide range of products including chocolate bars in milk chocolate, caramel, Cookie Crumble, and Fruit & Nut varieties, Minstrels, Ripple (milk chocolate with a folded or "rippled" milk chocolate centre), Amicelli, Duetto, Promises, Bubbles and Truffle. Related brands in other parts of the world include "Jewels", and "Senzi" in the Middle East. The Galaxy and Dove brands also market a wide range of products including ready-to-drink chocolate milk, hot chocolate powder, chocolate cakes, ice cream and more.
A 2013 British television advertisement for Galaxy featured a computer-generated image of Audrey Hepburn, which was created by CGI firm Framestore in London. The commercial, set to Hepburn singing “Moon River”, debuted in the UK in February 2013.
- "Top 10 selling chocolate bars in the UK". Wales Online. Retrieved 28 December 2014
- Shachi Tapiawala. "Mars India re-launches Galaxy chocolates in India". Eventfaqs. Retrieved 2013-11-05.
- "How we resurrected Audrey HepburnTM for the Galaxy chocolate ad". The Guardian. 2 December 2016.
- Usborne, Simon (24 February 2013). "Audrey Hepburn advertise Galaxy chocolate bars? Over her dead body!". The Independent. London. Retrieved 28 February 2013.
- Official website
- Galaxy UK advertisement from 1980 on YouTube
- Galaxy advertisement from the late 1980s on YouTube
|This dessert-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|