|Products||Galaxy on Fire|
Number of employees
|Parent||Deep Silver (2013–present)|
Deep Silver Fishlabs (formerly Fishlabs Entertainment GmbH) is a German video game developer based in Hamburg. Founded in 2004 by Michael Schade and Christian Lohr, the studio is best known for its Galaxy on Fire series. Following a brief bankruptcy proceeding, Fishlabs was acquired by Koch Media and reorganised as part of their game publishing label Deep Silver.
Fishlabs was founded in 2004 by Michael Schade and Christian Lohr, incorporated under the name Fishlabs Entertainment GmbH. That same year, the company received a round of financing, which allowed them to pay for development expenses for several years while generating revenue from their releases. The company had also planned a series B round in May 2010, as they announced that would be moving into the massively multiplayer online games market. By mid-2013, Fishlabs had run out of money; in October, 25 jobs were cut before the company went into self-administration. On 2 December, media company Koch Media announced that they had acquired Fishlabs, which would henceforth operate as the dedicated mobile studio for their game publishing label, Deep Silver. As the agreement was an asset deal, all of Fishlab's assets, including 52 employees, were transferred to Koch Media and incorporated in a new division of that company, called Deep Silver Fishlabs. The company's former legal entity, Fishlabs Entertainment GmbH, was to be dissolved, and both founders left the company. As result of the change in ownership, and the associated financial stability, Fishlabs also moved into video game publishing.
List of video games
|2009||Galaxy on Fire||iOS|
|Rally Master Pro|
|2010||Galaxy on Fire 2|
|2013||Galaxy on Fire: Alliances|
|2014||Secret Files: Sam Peters|
|Secret Files: Tunguska||Android, iOS|
|2015||Galaxy on Fire: Manticore Rising||TvOS|
|Lost Horizon||Android, iOS|
|Secret Files: Sam Peters||Android|
|2016||Galaxy on Fire 3: Manticore||iOS|
|Sacred Legends||Android, iOS|
|The Interactive Adventures of Dog Mendonça & Pizza Boy|
|2017||Galaxy on Fire 3: Manticore||Android|
|Galaxy on Fire: Alliances|
|2018||Dead Island: Survivors||Android, iOS|
|Manticore: Galaxy on Fire||Nintendo Switch|
|2019||Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package|
|2020||Saints Row IV: Re-Elected|
|2021||Chorus||Windows, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Stadia, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|
- Etherington, Darrell (11 February 2013). "Galaxy On Fire Space Sim MMO For iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch Coming In Q3 2013". TechCrunch. Archived from the original on 3 February 2019. Retrieved 3 February 2019.
- Corriea, Alexa Ray (2 December 2013). "Galaxy on Fire developer Fishlabs purchased by Koch Media". Polygon. Archived from the original on 3 February 2019. Retrieved 3 February 2019.
- Chapple, Craig (14 May 2014). "'It was the hardest time we've ever gone through': How Fishlabs came back from the brink". MCV. Archived from the original on 9 February 2019. Retrieved 3 February 2019.
- vaughn597 (12 May 2010). "Next10: Fishlabs to move into mobile MMOGs, Series B round planned". TechCrunch. Archived from the original on 16 February 2018. Retrieved 27 August 2017.
- Wingefors, Lars (27 August 2019). "THQ Nordic Annual Report 2018/19" (PDF). Cision. Archived (PDF) from the original on 3 September 2019. Retrieved 3 September 2019.
- Fröhlich, Petra (10 January 2020). "Die größten Spiele-Entwickler in Deutschland 2020" [The largest game developers in Germany 2020]. GamesWirtschaft (in German). Archived from the original on 10 January 2020. Retrieved 10 January 2020.