Gale Township, Marion County, Kansas
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Marion County, Kansas
Location within Marion County
|• Total||34 sq mi (90 km2)|
|• Length||6.0 mi (9.7 km)|
|• Width||6.0 mi (9.7 km)|
|Elevation||1,352 ft (412 m)|
|• Density||6.4/sq mi (2.5/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC−06:00 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−05:00 (CDT)|
|FIPS code||20-25075 |
|GNIS feature ID||477230 |
Gale Township covers an area of 34 square miles (88.1 km2). The Marion Reservoir is located in the township.
Cities and towns
The township contains the following settlements:
The township contains the following cemeteries:
- Brunk Cemetery (no longer in use), located in Section 31 T19S R3E.
- Canada Cemetery, located in Section 28 T19S R3E.
- Mennonite Church Ebenezer of Bruderthal Cemetery (in 1965 while Marion Reservoir was built, it was moved to "Haven of Rest" in Liberty Township), located in Section 19 T19S R3E.
- Strassburg Cemetery, located in Section 14 T19S R3E.
- "2010 Total Population - Township of Gale". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved June 19, 2013.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Township of Gale
- Marion County Cemetery List. Archived May 9, 2013, at the Wayback Machine