Galena Township, LaPorte County, Indiana
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||27.17 sq mi (70.4 km2)|
|• Land||26.89 sq mi (69.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.28 sq mi (0.7 km2)|
|Elevation||751 ft (229 m)|
|• Density||70.6/sq mi (27.3/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453322|
Galena Township was established in 1836.
- Birchim is an unincorporated community located at within the southeast portion of the township.
- Hesston is an unincorporated community located at within the northwest portion of the township. The Hesston Steam Museum is located in Hesston.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 27.17 square miles (70.4 km2), of which 26.89 square miles (69.6 km2) (or 98.97%) is land and 0.28 square miles (0.73 km2) (or 1.03%) is water.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Archived from the original on 2020-02-12. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Daniels, E. D. (1904). A twentieth century history and biographical record of La Porte County, Indiana. Lewis Publishing Co. p. 35.