|Vice-Chancellor||Dr. B. V Babu|
|Location||Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
Galgotias University(known as GU) is a co-educational private university in Greater Noida (NCR) in the state of Uttar Pradesh, India. Previously known as Galgotias Educational Institutions, it was granted university status in 2011 by the Uttar Pradesh government. Galgotias University was established by the Uttar Pradesh Galgotias University Act No. 14 of 2011 under section 3 of UGC Act 1956.
The institution was established by the Smt. Shankutla Educational & Welfare Society as Galgotias Educational Institutions in 1999. It was established to provide engineering and management education to students from every walk of life, and the institute still thrives on this policy. Galgotias Educational Institutions (GEI) originally had three colleges:
- Galgotias Institute of Management & Technology (GIMT) established in 1999, a management institute
- Galgotia's College of Engineering and Technology (GCET) established in 2000, an engineering college
- Galgotias Business School (GBS) established in 2007, management institute approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
Apart from academics Galgotias has always indulged in publishing and other activities providing their students full market and industry interactions.
Galgotias University has a its main campus (Galgotias Education City) in Greater Noida near Jaypee Sports Complex (Buddh International Circuit) while the original campus called Galgotias Educational Institution Campus One is in Knowledge Park-II right beside Noida-Greater Noida Expressway.
Galgotias University has two campuses in Greater Noida.
- The old campus known as Galgotias Educational Institution Campus One in Knowledge Park phase-2 of Greater Noida.
- The new campus is 10 km from Campus One and is at the Yamuna Expressway on the outer of Greater Noida.
The old campus have most of the offices of Galgotias University and the three old colleges. The Boys hostel is also in old campus.
New Campus is well planned with many high-tech facilities that can't be provided on Campus One. It is spread over 52 acres. The New Campus hosts most of the classes. The new campus currently have 3 blocks and is in construction. A bus service operated by the university runs between the campuses.
The Central library support the teaching, research and extension programmes. All students, faculty members and employees are entitled to use the library facilities. It have a huge collection of books on engineering, science and bioinformatics, humanities and social sciences, and mass communication.
Web SIM and FFCS
Web SIM is a service offered to Galgotias University students that stores all student data from personal details to placement details, library information, assignments, holidays information, etc. Every student is given a username and password to access this data.
Galgotias University offers four types of subjects: University Core, University Elective, Programme Core and Programme Elective. The fully flexible credit-based system enables students to choose their elective subjects independently and provides flexibility to choose their hours of lectures. Students are supposed to complete the required number of credits by choosing the right programmes and attending the required number of lectures.
Galgotia University is a new-age educational institution providing education in a wide spectrum of disciplines. The university has set up 13 schools which offer various courses under them:
- School of Engineering & Technology
- School of Business Administration
- School of Finance & Commerce
- School of Humanities & Social Sciences
- School of Basic & Applied Sciences
- School of Architecture & Planning
- School of Law & Legal Studies
- School of Medical and Allied Sciences
- School of Nursing
- School of Hospitality & Tourism
- School of Media & Communication Studies
- School of Education
- School of Bank Recruitment Competition
Galgotias Engineering Entrance Examination
GEEE (Galgotias Engineering Entrance Examination) is an entrance exam conducted by Galgotias University for providing admissions to eligible candidates to various undergraduate engineering programs.
GEEE Selection Procedure: Selection procedure is based on the score obtained by the candidate in the GEEE.
GEEE 2014 Paper Pattern:
- Time duration is 90 minutes.
- GEEE will consist of objective type questions having multiple choices.
- There will be three parts- Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- Each subject will have 30 questions and question carries one mark.
- There will be no negative marking for wrong answers.
- Syllabus will be covered mostly from the State Board of Higher Secondary Education and the CBSE.
- GEEE will be in English only.
Visit Galgotias Engineering Entrance Examination for more info.
The Galgotias University organizes a fest called G-Quasar. G-Quasar takes place in March or February at Campus One. It is a uni-fest which has technical and cultural events.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Galgotias University.|
- Galgotias, uni. July 2011 "Campus Facilities".