|Motto||knowledge is the only key to success|
|Dean||Dr. Vinayak Sharma(SET)|
|Location||Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
Galgotias University (sometimes known as Galgotia University) is a co-educational private university in Greater Noida (NCR) in the state of Uttar Pradesh, India. Previously known as Galgotias Educational Institutions, it was granted university status in 2011 by the Uttar Pradesh government. Galgotias University was established by the Uttar Pradesh Galgotias University Act No. 14 of 2011 under section 3 of UGC Act 1956.
- 1 History
- 2 Location
- 3 Infrastructure
- 4 Schools/programs offered
- 4.1 School of Business
- 4.2 School of Engineering
- 4.3 School of Computer & Information Sciences
- 4.4 School of Arts & Social Sciences
- 4.5 School of Journalism & Mass Communication
- 4.6 School of Finance & Commerce
- 4.7 School of Hospitality & Tourism
- 4.8 School Of Legal Studies
- 4.9 School of Basic & Applied Sciences)
- 5 The G-Post
- 6 Clubs
- 7 Fest
- 8 See also
- 9 External links
- 10 References
The institution was established by the Smt. Shankutla Educational & Welfare Society as Galgotias Educational Institutions in 1999. It was established to provide engineering and management education to students from every walk of life, and the institute still thrives on this policy. Galgotias Educational Institutions (GEI) originally had three colleges:
- Galgotias Institute of Management & Technology (GIMT) established in 1999, a management institute
- Galgotia's College of Engineering and Technology (GCET) established in 2000, an engineering college
- Galgotias Business School (GBS) established in 2007, management institute approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
Apart from academics Galgotias has always indulged in publishing and other activities providing their students full market and industry interactions.
Galgotias University has its main campus (Galgotias Education City) in Greater Noida near Jaypee Sports Complex (Buddh International Circuit) while the original campus called Galgotias Educational Institution Campus One is in Knowledge Park-II right beside Noida-Greater Noida Expressway.
Galgotias University has two campuses in Greater Noida.
- The old campus known as Galgotias Educational Institution Campus One in Knowledge Park phase-2 of Greater Noida.
- The new campus is 10 km from Campus One and is at the Yamuna Expressway on the outer of Greater Noida.
The old campus have most of the offices of Galgotias University and the three old colleges. The Boys hostel is also in old campus.
New Campus is well planned with many high-tech facilities that can't be provided on Campus One. It is spread over 52 acres. The New Campus hosts most of the classes. The new campus currently have 2 blocks and is in construction. A bus service operated by the university runs between the campuses.
The Central support the teaching, research and extension programmes. All students, faculty members and employees are entitled to use the library facilities. It have a huge collection of books on engineering, science and bioinformatics, humanities and social sciences, and mass communication.
Web SIM and FFCS
Web SIM is a service offered to Galgotias University students that stores all student data from personal details to placement details, library information, assignments, holidays information, etc. Every student is given a username and password to access this data.
Galgotias University offers four types of subjects: University Core, University Elective, Programme Core and Programme Elective. The fully flexible credit-based system enables students to choose their elective subjects independently and provides flexibility to choose their hours of lectures. Students are supposed to complete the required number of credits by choosing the right programmes and attending the required number of lectures.
Galgotia University is a new-age educational institution providing education in a wide spectrum of disciplines. The university has set up eight schools:
School of Business
- Business Administration
School of Engineering
- Bachelor of technology/Master of Technology
- Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)
- Mechanical Engineering (ME)
- Civil Engineering (CE)
- Electrical Engineering (EE)
- Electronics & Communication (EC)
- Automobile Engineering (AE)
School of Computer & Information Sciences
- Computer Applications
- M.Sc. (Bioinformatics)
School of Arts & Social Sciences
- Ph.D/M.Phil. programme
- Master of Social Work(MSW)
- M.A Applied Psychology
- Bachelor of Social Work(BSW)
- B.A. (Hons.) in Economics
- B.A. (Hons.) in Applied Psychology
- Library Science
School of Journalism & Mass Communication
- Mass Communication
School of Finance & Commerce
School of Hospitality & Tourism
- Hotel Management
- Bachelor of Hotel Management
School Of Legal Studies
- Bachelor of law (LL.B.)
- Integrated B.A.+LL.B.(Hons.)
- Integrated B.B.A.+LL.B.(Hons.)
- Master of Law (LL.M.)
- Doctorate of Law (LL.D.)
School of Basic & Applied Sciences)
- B.SC. Forensic Science
G-Post is a newsletter that brings every three month a collection of articles, poems, reviews, event reports, and a lot more. The material published in G-Post is written by students and faculty members of the university.
Galgotias University clubs are societies that are run by students. These societies are maintained by the Student Affairs department. There are five societies:
- The Cultural Society
- The Technical Society
- The Management Clubs
- The Sports Society
- The Literary Society
Around 21 clubs function under these societies.
The Galgotias University organizes north India's largest fest called G-Quasar. G-Quasar takes place in March or February at Campus One. It is a uni-fest which has technical and cultural events.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Galgotias University.|