|Elevation||4,557 m (14,951 ft)|
|Parent range||Sentinel Range|
Galicia Point (Bulgarian: връх Галисия, ‘Vrah Galicia’ 'vr&h ga-'li-si-ya; Spanish: Punta Galicia) is the peak rising to 4500 m in Vinson Massif, Sentinel Range in Ellsworth Mountains, Antarctica, and surmounting Jacobsen Valley to the east and Branscomb Glacier to the north and west.
Galicia Peak is located at Mount Shinn (4661 m), 2.62 km north-northwest of the summit Mount Vinson (4892 m), 840 m north of Branscomb Peak (4520 m) and 5.5 km east-southeast of Knutzen Peak (3373 m). US mapping in 1961, 1988 and 2007., which is 5.02 km south of
- Vinson Massif. Scale 1:250 000 topographic map. Reston, Virginia: US Geological Survey, 1988.
- D. Gildea and C. Rada. Vinson Massif and the Sentinel Range. Scale 1:50 000 topographic map. Omega Foundation, 2007.
- "Spaniards on Vinson debrief: New routes and names". Explorersweb, 26 January 2005.
- Bulgarian Antarctic Gazetteer. Antarctic Place-names Commission. (details in Bulgarian, basic data in English)
- Galicia Peak. SCAR Composite Gazetteer of Antarctica.
This article includes information from the Antarctic Place-names Commission of Bulgaria which is used with permission.
|This Ellsworth Land location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|