This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Motto||La Revolución en la Educación|
|Opened||October 31, 2000|
Galileo University is a private university in Guatemala City. It was founded and authorized on October 31, 2000. Initially, it was the School of Computer Engineering (FISICC) of Universidad Francisco Marroquín. It stands out for its technological contribution in higher education in Guatemala.
The university was founded as a school of systems engineering, IT (Information Technology) and computer science (FISICC) of the Universidad Francisco Marroquín. In 1977 the faculty created the foundation Santo Domingo, which came to assist in the educational, technological, cultural and artistic heritage of Guatemala. After 22 years, the foundation initiated procedures for the approval of a new university. It was authorized by the Superior Council of Private Education on October 31, 2000 as a university. The name honors astronomer and mathematician Galileo Galilei.
It has seven schools:
- School of Systems Engineering, Information Technology and Computer Science (FISICC)
- School of Science, Technology and Industry (FACTI)
- School of Education (FACED)
- School of Communication Sciences (FACOM)
- School of Science and Technology Sport (FACTEDE)
- School of Biology, Chemistry and Pharmacy (FABIQ)
- School of Construction Engineering (FICON)
- School of Health Science (FACISA)
It has seven vocational schools:
- Art School (ESA)
- School of Continuing Education (ESEC)
- School of Diplomacy and International Relations (ESDRI)
- Technical School (ESTEC)
- School of Public Image (ESIP)
- School and Professional Development (ESDAP)
It has six institutes:
- Open Learning Institute (IDEA)
- Institute for Security Studies (IES)
- Research Institute for Earth Science and Astronomy (IICT)
- Energy Resources Institute (IRE)
- Institute of Family Studies (ICF)
- Von Neumann Institute (IVN)
Galileo Educational System
Galileo Educational System (GES) is an online education platform, which serves to support courses and as the real environment of online courses at Galileo University. Is adapted by the university on the platform dotLRN, which is supported by its presence in many prestigious universities such as MIT, the University of Heidelberg or the UNED of Spain, among others. The platform is active 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Guarantee the import and export of course content, classroom materials, homework, tests, etc. And the administration of courses, qualifying and post notes, directly online. Students have the ability to respond tests, homework, projects, etc. Participate in discussion forums in courses, FAQs, view course materials, among others.
- Rector, Dr. José Eduardo Suger Cofiño
- Vice President, Dra. Mayra Roldán de Ramírez
- Vice President Administrative, Lic. Jean Paul Suger
- Secretary General, Lic. Jorge Francisco Retolaza MSc.