|Member of Parliament for Guntur|
Assumed office |
16 May 2014
|Preceded by||Rayapati Sambasiva Rao|
24 March 1966|
Diguvamagham, Chittoor, Andhra Pradesh, India
|Political party||Telugu Desam Party|
|Spouse(s)||Padmavathi Galla (1991–present)|
|Alma mater||University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign|
Jayadev Galla, also known as Jay Galla or Galla Jayadev, is an Indian American politician and industrialist in India. He is the managing director of Amara Raja Group. Jayadev is a member of 16th Lok Sabha of India representing from Guntur Lok Sabha constituency and a member of Telugu Desam Party.
Jayadev was born in Diguvamagham, Chittoor, Andhra Pradesh to Ramachandra Naidu Galla and Aruna Kumari Galla. His father is an industrialist who founded the Amara Raja Group. His mother Aruna Kumari Galla is a former MLA from Chandragiri constituency and was a minister in the Andhra Pradesh state government for several years. His grandfather Paturi Rajagopala Naidu was a freedom fighter, close associate of Acharya N G Ranga and a former Indian parliamentarian. Along with his parents, Jayadev moved to USA, where he lived for around 22 years. He studied politics and economics at the University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign, where he joined Lambda Chi Alpha.
Jay married Padmavathi Ghattamaneni, daughter of prominent Telugu film actor Krishna on 26 June 1991. They have two children – Siddharth Galla and Ashok Galla. He is known to be very close to his brother-in-law, Telugu actor Mahesh Babu.
One of the wealthiest politicians in India, Galla declared assets of ₹683 crore (US$99 million) in the 2014 general elections.
After his graduation, Jay worked as an international sales executive at GNB Battery Technologies in USA. On his return from the United States in 1992, he took up the task of setting up the sales and service network for the industrial battery division of Amara Raja. In 1992 along with his father Ramachandra Naidu Galla started looking at automotive batteries as viable business and tied up with Johnson Controls the US-based giant and gave then 26% stake in their company Amara Raja to start Amara Raja Batteries Limited (ARBL). ARBL is one of the leading manufacturers of advanced lead acid batteries in India. He took over as the managing director of Amara Raja Batteries in 2003 from his father. He has been trying to get into the steps of his mother by entering into politics.[clarification needed] He contested 16th Lok Sabha election from the Guntur Constituency in Andhra Pradesh and won with a big margin.
He spoke in Loksabha on 07-Feb-2018, regarding the Budget allocations to Andhra Pradesh in Union Budget 2018. Also he made comment that Bahubali Movie collections are more than the funds allocated to Andhra Pradesh. Accusing the NDA government of not doing anything to fulfill the promises made at the time of bifurcation of the state, Mr Galla wanted to know what the government did in the last four years.
Performance in the Lok Sabha, 2014–present 
|MP performance parameters (2014–present)||Jayadev Galla|
|Attendance in parliament||84%, against state average 76%|
|Questions raised||432, against state average 227|
|Number of cases||NONE|
|Debates participated||105, against state average 35|
|Score on committee attendance||9|
|Private Member Bills||6, against state average 0.8|
|Lok Sabha performance score||8.5 out of 10|
|Voter satisfaction score||8.5 out of 10|
Galla has established a number of charitable trusts. They include the Krishna Devaraya Educational & Cultural Association, which provides educational scholarships to poor students in higher education, and the Rajanna Trust and Mangal Trust, which work on providing accessible water supplies to villages.
- Raghunathan, Anuradha. "Charge!". Forbes.com. Retrieved 9 January 2018.
- "Former Congress Minister Aruna Kumari Galla joins TDP with her Son". IANS. news.biharprabha.com. Retrieved 8 March 2014.
- M., Somasekhar. "Amara Raja's Jay Galla — all charged up to enter politics". The Hindu. Retrieved 2 August 2012.
- "Amara Raja - Media - Management Team". www.AmaraRaja.co.in. Retrieved 9 January 2018.
- "Management - Jayadev Galla, Managing Director, Amara Raja Batteries Ltd, India". www.GallaFoods.com. Retrieved 9 January 2018.
- "Mahesh Babu at Galla". heyandhra. Archived from the original on 23 July 2012. Retrieved 2 August 2012.
- "Pride of Tamil Nadu - Sify.com". Sify.com. Retrieved 9 January 2018.
- "Loksabha 2014 JAYADEV GALLA (Winner), GUNTUR (ANDHRA PRADESH)". ADR. Retrieved 27 July 2015.
- "Jayadev Galla profile". Business Week. Retrieved 2 August 2012.
- Raghunathan, Anuradha. "Charge!". March 02, 2009. Forbes. Retrieved 2 August 2012.
- "Untitled Document". www.Amaron.in. Retrieved 9 January 2018.
- "'Baahubali' Collections More Than Centre's Help To Andhra Pradesh: TDP Lawmaker Jayadev Galla". NDTV.com. Retrieved 2018-02-08.
- "PRS". www.PRSIndia.org. Retrieved 9 January 2018.
- on YouTubeHMTV