Location of Gallant in Etowah County, Alabama.
|• Total||14.43 sq mi (37.38 km2)|
|• Land||14.38 sq mi (37.25 km2)|
|• Water||0.05 sq mi (0.13 km2)|
|Elevation||814 ft (248 m)|
| • Estimate |
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||118790|
Gallant, also known as Clear Springs or Greasy Cove, is a census-designated place and unincorporated community in Etowah, and St. Clair counties, Alabama, United States. It lies west of the city of Gadsden, the county seat of Etowah County. As of the 2010 census, its population was 855. Its elevation is 814 feet (248 m). Although it is unincorporated, it has a post office, with the ZIP code of 35972.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
Camp Sumatanga is a 1700-acre facility surrounded by the woods, mountains, lakes and streams. The many recreational activities available include fishing, swimming, archery, hiking, and camping. Summer camp is available for children. There are three chapels that are available for reservation for weddings and other ceremonies.
Dayspring Dairy is Alabama's first sheep dairy, offering hard and soft farmstead cheeses, a farm store with free tasting, and farm tours.
- "2016 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved Jul 17, 2017.
- "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- Rand McNally. The Road Atlas '08. Chicago: Rand McNally, 2008, p. 4.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Gallant, Alabama, Geographic Names Information System, 1980-09-04. Accessed 2008-03-15.
- Zip Code Lookup
- Gallant, Frank K. (2012). A Place Called Peculiar: Stories about Unusual American Place-Names. Courier Dover Publications. p. 5.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
- Camp Sumatanga
|This Etowah County, Alabama state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|