Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport
|Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport|
|IATA: BZN – ICAO: KBZN – FAA LID: BZN|
|Owner||Gallatin Airport Authority|
|Time zone||Mountain (UTC−7)|
|• Summer (DST)||(UTC−6)|
|Elevation AMSL||4,473 ft / 1,363 m|
Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport (IATA: BZN, ICAO: KBZN, FAA LID: BZN) (Gallatin Field) is eight miles (13 km) northwest of Bozeman, in Gallatin County, Montana. Owned the by Gallatin Airport Authority, the airport is in Belgrade and has recently become the busiest airport in Montana for passenger service.
The National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015 categorized it as a primary commercial service facility (more than 10,000 enplanements per year). Federal Aviation Administration records say the airport had 442,788 passenger boardings (enplanements) in calendar year 2013, 434,038 in 2012 and 397,870 in 2011.
Gallatin Field was renamed Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport in late 2011 to associate it with Yellowstone National Park. International flights have been allowed since 2012, after a U.S. Customs and Border Patrol facility opened on July 1. The project was funded in cooperation with Signature Flight Support and the Yellowstone Club. In 2013, BZN surpassed Billings as the busiest airport in Montana for passenger service with 879,221 passengers from June 2012 to May 2013.
The airport covers 2,481 acres (10.04 km2) at an elevation of 4,473 feet (1,363 m) above sea level. It has three runways: 12/30 is 8,994 by 150 feet (2,741 by 46 m) asphalt; 3/21 is 2,650 by 75 feet (808 by 23 m) asphalt; 11/29 is 3,197 by 80 feet (974 by 24 m) turf.
Airlines and destinations
Scheduled passenger service:
|Alaska Airlines operated by Horizon Air||Seattle/Tacoma
Seasonal: Portland (OR)
|Alaska Airlines operated by SkyWest Airlines||Seasonal: Portland (OR)|
|Allegiant Air||Las Vegas, Phoenix/Mesa|
|Delta Air Lines||Minneapolis/St. Paul, Salt Lake City
Seasonal: Atlanta, New York-LaGuardia
|Delta Connection||Minneapolis/St. Paul, Salt Lake City
Seasonal: Los Angeles, Seattle/Tacoma
|United Airlines||Seasonal: Chicago-O’Hare, Denver, Newark|
|United Express||Denver, San Francisco
Seasonal: Chicago-O'Hare, Houston-Intercontinental, Los Angeles
|1||Denver, CO||132,000||Frontier, United|
|2||Minneapolis/St Paul, MN||95,000||Delta|
|3||Salt Lake City, UT||80,000||Delta|
|7||Las Vegas, NV||15,000||Allegiant|
|9||Los Angeles, CA||10,000||Delta, United|
|10||San Francisco, CA||8,000||United|
Regular Commercial Traffic
- Airbus A319 and A320 (Allegiant (A319 only), Delta, Frontier, United)
- Beech B-99 (Alpine Air Cargo)
- Beech 1900C (Alpine Air Cargo, Corporate Air Cargo)
- Boeing 737-700, 737-800, 737-900, and 737-900ER (Delta [-800 only] & United)
- Boeing 757-200 (Delta)
- Bombardier CRJ and CRJ-700 (Alaska Airlines (-700 only), Delta Connection, United Express)
- Bombardier CRJ-900 (Delta Connection)
- Bombardier Q400 (Alaska Airlines)
- Cessna 208 Caravan (FedEx Feeder operated by Corporate Air Cargo)
- Embraer E-170 and E-175 (Delta Connection & United Express)
- McDonnell Douglas MD-83/88 (Allegiant)
- McDonnell Douglas MD-90 (Delta)
- Corporate Air (operating on behalf of FedEx Feeder and United States Postal Service)
- Alpine Air Express (operating on behalf of UPS Airlines and United States Postal Service)
- FAA Airport Master Record for BZN ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective April 5, 2012.
- Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport, official site
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
- "Enplanements for CY 2013" (PDF, 1.0 MB). . Federal Aviation Administration. June 20, 2014.
- "Enplanements for CY 2012" (PDF, 189 KB). . Federal Aviation Administration. 2013-10-30.
- http://www.pterminal rughlenon.com/frame.html
- Bacaj, Jason (December 9, 2011). "Gallatin Airport Authority approves airport name change". Bozeman Daily Chronicle. Retrieved September 20, 2014.
- (PDF), effective August 20, 2015
- FAA Terminal Procedures for BZN, effective August 20, 2015
- Resources for this airport: