Gallaudet University Press
|Parent company||Gallaudet University|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Headquarters location||Washington, D.C.|
|Distribution||International, Chicago Distribution Center|
|Publication types||Books, ebooks, journals|
|Nonfiction topics||Sign languages, Deaf studies, Deaf education, Sign language interpretation, Deaf history, Deaf culture|
|Fiction genres||Academic non-fiction, fiction (literature, poetry, memoirs)|
|No. of employees||7|
Gallaudet University Press (GUPress) is a publisher that focuses on issues relating to deafness and sign language. It is a part of Gallaudet University in Washington D.C., and was founded in 1980 by the university's Board of Trustees. The Press is a member of the Association of University Presses. The Press publishes two quarterly journals: American Annals of the Deaf and Sign Language Studies.
Gallaudet University Press is a vital, self-supporting member of the Gallaudet educational and scholarly community. The mission of the Press is to disseminate knowledge about deaf and hard of hearing people, their languages, their communities, their history, and their education through print and electronic media.
The Gallaudet Classics in Deaf Studies Series
The series' editor is Kristen C. Harmon. The first volume of this series, published in 1998, was a reprinting of Albert Ballin's book The Deaf Mute Howls; which was originally printed in 1930. The 11th volume of the series is due to be published in June 2018.
The Sociolinguistics in Deaf Communities Series
The Studies in Interpretation Series
The series' editors are Melanie Metzger and Earl Fleetwood. The 16th volume of this series is due to be published in May 2018.
- "Publishers served by the Chicago Distribution Center". University of Chicago Press. Retrieved 2017-09-12.
- "About the Press". Gallaudet University Press. n.d. Retrieved 2010-04-13.
- "Gallaudet University Press". Retrieved 28 March 2018.
- "Member Presses". Association of University Presses. Retrieved 28 March 2018.
- "Mission Statement". Gallaudet University Press. Retrieved 3 April 2018.
- "The Deaf Mute Howls". Goodreads. Retrieved 3 April 2018.
- "Silent Life and Silent Language: The Inner Life of a Mute in an Institution for the Deaf". Gallaudet University Press. Retrieved 3 April 2018.
- "The Sociolinguistics in Deaf Communities Series". Gallaudet University Press. Retrieved 3 April 2018.
- "Sociolinguistics in Deaf Communities". Goodreads. Retrieved 3 April 2018.
- "The Sociolinguistics of Ethiopian Sign Language: A Study of Language Use and Attitudes". Gallaudet University Press. Retrieved 3 April 2018.
- "Here or There: Research on Interpreting via Video Link". Gallaudet University Press. Retrieved 3 April 2018.
|This article about a university or college in Washington, D.C. is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a United States publishing company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|