Galleria at Crystal Run
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The Galleria at Crystal Run during Christmas season 2006
|Location||Town of Wallkill, New York, USA|
|Opening date||April 1992|
|Developer||The Pyramid Companies (EklecCo)|
|Owner||The Pyramid Companies (EklecCo)|
|No. of stores and services||250|
|No. of anchor tenants||8|
|Total retail floor area||1,100,000 ft² (99,500 m²)|
|No. of floors||2|
The mall, which opened in 1992, has an area of 1,100,000 square feet (99,000 m²) on two floors. It has 250 shops and restaurants, as well as a 16-screen AMC Theatres (formerly Loews theater). Construction of the mall cost $100,000,000 in 1990 dollars.
The mall is owned and managed by The Pyramid Companies, a group that also owns and manages regional sisters Poughkeepsie Galleria in Poughkeepsie (the model for Crystal Run), and Palisades Center in West Nyack.
In 2013 managers announced that six new European stores would be coming to the mall, to be open by the fall: Zippy and Sergent Major, both for children; and Lipsy, Promod, Monsoon and Accessorize for women. H&M was leaving.
- Dick's Sporting Goods (upper-level location)
- H&M (two-story location)
- JCPenney (two-story location)
- Macy's (two-story location)
- Sears (two-story location)
- Target (lower-level location)
- Filene's - Replaced by Macy's in 2006
- G. Fox - Replaced by Filene's in 1994
- HomeImage by Lechmere
- The Wiz - replaced by f.y.e.
- Old Navy - Relocated to Orange Plaza in 2013
- FYE - replaced by Billy Beez
- Dick's Sporting Goods (60,000 ft²)
- H&M (40,106 ft²)
- JCPenney (123,735 ft²)
- Macy's (150,473 ft²)
- Sears (143,614 ft²)
- Target (126,000 ft²)
Route 3 Middletown Transit Corp. buses also make stops at the mall, although there are no permanent bus stops located on mall property. They are used as shuttle buses.
- Randall, Michael (1992-04-05). "Galleria at Crystal Run Opens". Hudson Valley News. p. A2. Retrieved 2013-11-30.
- Garbarine, Rachelle (2003-07-20). "Commercial Property/Wallkill, N.Y.; An Aging Plaza Gets a New Look and New Tenants". The New York Times. Retrieved 2013-11-30.
- Gross, Hank (1990-07-20). "Traffic Battles Continue". The Evening News. p. 11A. Retrieved 2013-11-30.
- Gross, Hank (1990-06-29). "Pyramid Gives Wallkill a Look at Future Galleria". The Evening News. p. 7A. Retrieved 2013-11-30.
- DiNapoli, Jessica (2013-04-13). "European store 'invasion' coming to Crystal Run mall". Times Herald-Record. Retrieved 2013-11-30.