This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Stable release||3.0.9 (June 28, 2013[±])|
|Operating system||Cross Platform|
Gallery or Menalto Gallery is an open source project enabling management and publication of digital photographs and other media through a PHP-enabled web server. Photo manipulation includes automatic thumbnails, resizing, rotation, and flipping, among other things. Albums can be organized hierarchically and individually controlled by administrators or privileged users.
Gallery 3 is the current release of Gallery. It is a complete rewrite of Gallery 2 attempting to be small, intuitive, fast, and easily customizable. Gallery 3.0 was released on October 5, 2010.
Gallery 2 was publicly released on September 13, 2005. Gallery 2.3.1 was a minor release, primarily for supporting PHP 5.3 and was released on Dec 17, 2009. Development of Gallery 2.x has ceased.
Gallery 1 was released in April 2001 and was developed for several years, the last release being 1.5.10 on November 21, 2008. Development of further Gallery 1.x versions might continue in project Jallery, a fork of Gallery 1.6, but does not seem to be under active development.
Gallery 3 Requires:
In 2010, Gallery announced the use of some proprietary Adobe tools to build some components of Gallery 3 in Adobe Flash. Several users expressed great concern that proprietary software was being used in an Open Source project and that Flash components were being included in an Open Source package.
In June 2014 the developers of Gallery announced that they won't continue the development. According to the announcement most developers had lost interest in the project. The GPL license allows everyone to take up development and create forks of Gallery based on the existing code. There are a number of forks on GitHub, but none that appear to involve anything beyond very basic maintenance. 
- O'Reilly Linux Multimedia Hacks: Tips & Tools for Taming Images, Audio, and Video, by Kyle Rankin. ISBN 0-596-10076-0.
- Gallery is going into hibernation
- Gallery3:About Codex.gallery2.org Retrieved on November 29, 2010.
- Gallery 3.0 is ready! Retrieved on November 29, 2010.
- Gallery 2.0 Released! Retrieved on November 29, 2010.
- Gallery 2.3.1 (Skidoo) Released Retrieved on November 29, 2010.
- Official Gallery 1.0 release! Retrieved on November 29, 2010.
- Gallery 1.5.10 and 1.6-RC3 Released - Last G1 Releases from us! Retrieved on November 29, 2010.
- 2006 Google Summer of Code Wrap Up Retrieved on November 29, 2010.
- 2007 Google Summer of Code Wrap Up Retrieved on November 29, 2010.
- 2008 Google Summer of Code Projects Retrieved on November 29, 2010.
- Gallery2:Season of Usability 2008 Retrieved on November 29, 2010.
- Gallery3:Season of Usability 2009 Retrieved on November 29, 2010.
- Project of the Month, October 2003 Retrieved on November 29, 2010.
- Gallery moves to Subversion Retrieved on November 29, 2010.
- Gallery switches to Git and GitHub Retrieved on November 29, 2010.
- Gallery3:Requirements Retrieved on November 29, 2010.
- Thanks Adobe! Retrieved on November 29, 2010.
- Gallery is going into hibernation Retrieved on June 30, 2014
-  Retrieved on June 20, 2017
- Google Books