From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Gallia or Gallian may refer to:
- Gaul (Gallia in Latin), the region of Western Europe occupied by present-day France, Belgium and other neighbouring countries. In Roman administrative terminology this contained several Provincia:
- Gallia Cisalpina, meaning "Gaul on this side of the Alps", propraetorial province (merged with Italy ca. 42 BC). Sometimes referred to as Gallia Citerior (Hither Gaul), Provincia Ariminum, or Gallia Togata (Toga-wearing Gaul, indicating the region's early Romanization).
- Gauls, the pre-Roman inhabitants of Gaul
- Gaulish language
- Gallia County, Ohio, a county in southern Ohio in the United States
- 148 Gallia, an asteroid
- Gallia (goddess), a Gaulish goddess mentioned in an inscription found at the site of Vindolanda
- Gallia (novel), an 1895 novel by Ménie Muriel Dowie
- Gallia, a fictional comet, setting for most of Jules Verne's Off on a Comet
- Gallia, a country in Nintendo's Fire Emblem video game series.
- Gallia, the setting for Valkyria Chronicles, a video game produced by Sega for the PlayStation 3 console
- Gallians, alumni of Lawrence College, Murree
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Gallia.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.