Galsi I (community development block)
|Community development block|
|• Total||111.08 sq mi (287.70 km2)|
|• Density||1,570/sq mi (605/km2)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5.30)|
|Literacy Rate||65.71 per cent|
Galsi I (community development block) (Bengali: গলসি I সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক) is an administrative division in Durgapur subdivision of Bardhaman district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Bud Bud and Galsi police stations serve this block. Headquarters of this block is at Bud Bud. Sukdal is an urban area in this block.
Bud Bud is located at.
As per 2001 census, Galsi I block had a total population of 174,070, out of which 90,518 were males and 83,552 were females. Galsi I block registered a population growth of 17.76 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth for Bardhaman district was 14.36 per cent.Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.
As per 2001 census, Galsi I block had a total literacy of 65.71 per cent for the 6+ age group. While male literacy was 74.98 per cent female literacy was 55.63 per cent. Bardhaman district had a total literacy of 70.18 per cent, male literacy being 78.63 per cent and female literacy being 60.95 per cent.
Galsi I block is one of the areas of Bardhaman district which is affected by arsenic contamination of ground water.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Burdwan district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-08-26.
- "Provisional population totals, West Bengal, Table 4, Barddhaman District". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-08-26.
- Chattopadhyay, Akkori, Bardhaman Jelar Itihas O Lok Sanskriti (History and Folk lore of Bardhaman District.), (Bengali), Vol I, p, 14, Radical Impression. ISBN 81-85459-36-3
- "No. 229 (Sanction)-PN/P/II/1G-5/2005(Pt.II) dated 02.02.09". Allotment No. 5 for five districts – Cooch Behar, Burdwan, Uttar Dinajpur, Hooghly and Bankura. Government of West Bengal - Department of Panchayats & Rural Development. Retrieved 2011-08-26.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-08-26.
- "TRU for all Districts (SC & ST and Total)". Census 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2008-08-26.
- "Provisional population totals, West Bengal, Table 5, Bardhaman District". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-08-26.
- Arsenic contamination "Groundwater Arsenic contamination in West Bengal-India (20 years study )" Check
|url=value (help). Bardhaman. SOES. Retrieved 2011-09-09.