Galva Township, Henry County, Illinois
Location in Henry County
Henry County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 4, 1856|
|• Total||34.29 sq mi (88.8 km2)|
|• Land||34.28 sq mi (88.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.01 sq mi (0.03 km2) 0.03%|
|Elevation||761 ft (232 m)|
|• Density||82.8/sq mi (32.0/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||61238, 61434, 61443|
|GNIS feature ID||0429037|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 34.29 square miles (88.8 km2), of which 34.28 square miles (88.8 km2) (or 99.97%) is land and 0.01 square miles (0.026 km2) (or 0.03%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Burns Township (north)
- Wethersfield Township (east)
- Goshen Township, Stark County (southeast)
- Lynn Township, Knox County (south)
- Walnut Grove Township, Knox County (southwest)
- Weller Township (west)
- Cambridge Township (northwest)
The township contains Saint Johns Cemetery.
- Wiley Park
- Galva Community Unit School District 224
- Wethersfield Community Unit School District 230
- Illinois's 17th congressional district
- State House District 74
- State Senate District 37
- "Galva Township, Henry County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- Gannett, Henry (1905). The Origin of Certain Place Names in the United States. Govt. Print. Off. p. 134.
||Cambridge Township||Burns Township|
|Weller Township||Wethersfield Township|
|Walnut Grove Township, Knox County||Lynn Township, Knox County||Goshen Township, Stark County|