Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier
|Opened||25 May 2012|
Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier is a Pleasure pier in Galveston, Texas, United States. Opened in Summer 2012, it has 1 roller coaster, 15 rides, carnival games and souvenir shops.
The new pier complex is located where the original Pleasure Pier stood from 1943 until 1961, when it was destroyed by Hurricane Carla. The original Pleasure Pier featured rides, an arcade, an aquarium, concessions, a large ball room, named the Marine Ballroom, and fishing at the end of the pier. It was also the site of the USS Flagship Hotel, an over-the-water hotel built in 1965 that was demolished after Hurricane Ike in 2008.
- Iron Shark — a steel roller coaster constructed by Gerstlauer, a 100 feet (30 m) tall coaster offering four inversions with a back section cantilevering over the water.
- Sky Shooter — airborne shot ride.
- Texas Star Flyer — swinging riders over the water 230 feet above the Gulf.
- Galaxy Wheel — a 100-foot-tall Ferris wheel, featuring programmable LED lights.
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Company restaurant.
|Ride Name||Year Opened||Manufacturer/Ride Type||Other Notes|
|Big Wheelin||2012||Kid's Jeep Ride|
|Carousel||2012||Chance Rides 36' Double Decker Carrousel||Double-Decker Carousel|
|Cyclone||2012||Larson International Fireball|
|Frog Hopper||2012||S&S Worldwide Frog Hopper|
|Galaxy Wheel||2012||Chance Rides Ferris Wheel|
|Gulf Glider||2012||Zierer Wave Swinger|
|Iron Shark||2012||Gerstlauer / Euro-Fighter|
|Pier Pileup||2012||Bertazzon Rides / Bumper cars|
|Pirate's Plunge||2012||Interlink log flume|
|Revolution||2012||Chance Rides Revolution 20|
|Rock & Roll||2012||Bertazzon Rides / Musik Express|
|Sea Dragon||2012||Chance Rides Pharaoh's Fury|
|Sky Shooter||2012||SBF-Visa Group Airborne Shot|
|Texas Star Flyer||2012||FunTime Industries Star Flyer|
|Texas Tea||2012||Zamperla Midi Tea Cup|
- Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier. "Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier". Facebook. Retrieved January 28, 2012.
- Kaplan, David (January 28, 2012). "Historic Galveston amusement pier to rise again". News Article. Houston Chronicle.
- Aulds, T.J. (January 28, 2012). "Landry’s Corp. is close to revealing plans". News Article. Galveston Daily News.
- "Landry’s set to unveil Galveston Pleasure Pier plans". News Article. Houston Business Journal. January 28, 2012.
- MacDonald, Brady (February 9, 2012). "Galveston Pleasure Pier brings thrill rides back to Texas coast". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved February 9, 2012.
- Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier (May 23, 2012). "HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT...". Facebook. Retrieved May 24, 2012.
- Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier (October 28, 2011). "Construction...". Facebook. Retrieved January 28, 2012.
- "Pleasure returns to Galveston Island". Park World Magazine. 15 March 2012. Retrieved 24 October 2013.
- Official Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier website
- Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier at the Roller Coaster DataBase