Galway Film Fleadh
|Language||English, Irish, others|
The Galway Film Fleadh (pronounced [fʲlʲɑː], Irish for "festival") is an international film festival founded in 1989 as part of the Galway Arts Festival. Describing itself as Ireland’s leading film festival, the event is held every July in Galway city in Ireland.
The Galway Film Fleadh is both a platform for international cinema in Ireland and an advocate for Irish national cinema. Uniquely in Ireland, it is also an industry festival, with many industry events taking place under the name of the Galway Film Fair, including conferences, screenings, masterclasses, networking events, Ireland’s longest-running pitching competition and Ireland’s only film marketplace.
The festival was founded in 1989, as part of the Galway Arts Festival and was held at the Claddagh Palace until that venue closed in 1995. The festival has become known as a venue for the premiere of domestic Irish films, but as an international festival, it also exhibits foreign film works.
The festival includes the Galway Film Fair, a focused film market which allows filmmakers with projects in development to meet with a large number of potential producers, financiers, and distributors.
- staff. "Welcome to the Galway Film Fleadh". Galway Film Fleadh. Archived from the original on October 7, 2014. Retrieved November 5, 2014.
- "The 25 Coolest Film Festivals in the World, 2014", MovieMaker, November 17, 2014.
- staff (2013). "Galway Film Fleadh". Indie Wire. Archived from the original on November 6, 2014. Retrieved November 5, 2014.
- Andrews, Kernan (9 July 2009). "Looking back on twenty-one years of the Galway Film Fleadh". Galway Advertiser. Retrieved 2014-11-04.
- Clarke, Donald (24 June 2011). "23rd Fleadh makes holy show of Stella line-up". The Irish Times. Archived from the original on 28 March 2015. Retrieved 2014-11-04. – via HighBeam Research (subscription required).
- Lodderhose, Diana (26 June 2010). "Fleadh harvests Irish film bounty". Variety. Retrieved 2014-11-05.
- Danielsen, Shane (16 May 2008). "Galway Film Fleadh carves out niche: Festival's victories include 'Once'". Variety. Retrieved 2014-11-05.
- Faller, Grainne (16 November 2005). "Film school". The Irish Times. Archived from the original on 28 March 2015. Retrieved 2014-11-05. – via HighBeam Research (subscription required).
|This article about a film festival is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|