From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Gambit, gambit, or gambits in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A gambit is a type of chess opening move in which material (one of the pieces on the board, in play) is sacrificed in order to achieve a better position.
Gambit may also refer to:
- Gambit (comics), a fictional comic book superhero and member of the X-Men in the Marvel Universe
- Gambit (1966 film), a 1966 film starring Michael Caine and Shirley MacLaine
- Gambit (2012 film), a remake of the 1966 film
- "Gambit", an episode of Blake's 7
- Gambit (novel), a 1962 Nero Wolfe detective novel by Rex Stout
- "Gambit" (Star Trek: The Next Generation), a 1993 two-part, seventh-season episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation
- Mike Gambit, a character in The New Avengers TV series
- Gambit (forum), a non-profit gambling industry organisation
- Gambit (Scheme implementation), an implementation of the Scheme programming language
- Gambit system, a party control system implemented in the Final Fantasy XII and Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings video game
- KH-7 Gambit, a reconnaissance satellite used by the United States from July 1963 to June 1967
- KH-8 Gambit 3, a long-lived series of reconnaissance satellites used by the United States from July 1966 to April 1984
- Gambit (game show), based on the card game blackjack
- The Gambit (born 1982), rapper and record producer
- The Gambit (album) by Shelly Manne & His Men
- Opening gambit, a short stand-alone action sequence starting many episodes of MacGyver
- Gambit, a lexical item, or unit
- Gambit Publications, a publisher of chess books
- Gambit (roller coaster), a former roller coaster at Japanese amusement park, Thrill Valley
- Gambit (strategy card game), a strategy card game created by GB Company*
- Gambit Weekly, a New Orleans-based newspaper
- Operation Gambit, a part of Operation Neptune
- Pascal's Gambit, a philosophy that humanity should believe in God because they have nothing to lose and everything to gain by doing so.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Gambit.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.